Extended Episode 2 Trailer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you think that bending/twisting metal being wrenched from the bridge is engine based, or did they give the girders skeletons with animations? It looked pretty fluid.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might be model based... I haven't mapped for Half-Life 2 in a good while otherwise I might be able to give you a straight answer, but I think it might be model based.

Anyway, this new trailer looks awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The vortigons look fun to fight alongside, I like how they have more combat abilities than the usual electricity. Plus, they look really slimy now with the HDR.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it could well be engine based, the Source engine uses a modified Havok Physics engine. Source probably has the most powerfull physics engine today. But damn, The Source engine just keeps getting better and better, just look at the atmosphere in the forrest...I love Episode 2 already.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
I think it could well be engine based, the Source engine uses a modified Havok Physics engine. Source probably has the most powerfull physics engine today. But damn, The Source engine just keeps getting better and better, just look at the atmosphere in the forrest...I love Episode 2 already.
Heh, it's probably modeled in. You could clearly see that whole scene was scripted so why wouldn't the destruction be, too? Especially something as cool as that steel bridge twisting under its own weight.

I can't wait for Episode 2 !_!.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smith| said:
Heh, it's probably modeled in. You could clearly see that whole scene was scripted so why wouldn't the destruction be, too? Especially something as cool as that steel bridge twisting under its own weight.

I can't wait for Episode 2 !_!.
I figured as much. Environments aren't destructable, just breakables with scripts. I guess them same applies here. It still looks really good though.

There was one game I saw that had better physics, it's little more than a showcase for the PhysX card (it comes with it), but it has full destructable maps, concrete cracks, wood splinters, liquids flow and metal bends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom