explozions sugestions

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't relly know if this was sugestet befor but ca u make some sort of a cloud of dust or smok after the beam explosion like in dbz and the cloud will stai like 2 or 3 sec and disapire (I hope this dose not lag ) and new explosions well in dbz the explosion was likeall the same well i am not sugestin the same explosions but some new and cool ons . the original explosions ar good but this culd be beter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are already smoke effects in the game, you know. Start up ESF via Steam, then go to Options, Video, Advanced. There you can set it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah this will make ESF more Like in DBZ this is a good sugestion :) keep the good work guys :yes:

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes i Know this but i was thinking more smoke a big cloud of dust i'v see it and using it even now but is to small and it need's some adjusting :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you make it much bigger, it will be almost impossible to see anything.

Sorry, I don't like this idea much. I think it's fine as it is. :no:

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in dbz has grate but if u put more dust and the dust suld be as big as the explosion big ex big dust i think it will be cool but i'am afraid of the lag

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok well here let me revamp your idea. Lets say that with a Gen Ball or gen beam the cloud of dust is small and would not stay very long at all, less then a second. Now if we use KHH, SB or any other more powerful move the cloud of dust would be bigger and thus stay around longer, maxium of 2 seconds at MOST. The size of the cloud and how long it would stay around would also depend on how long you charged your attack. If you just fired it right off the bat then it would be the same as a gen ball or gen beam. If you fully charged it then it would be bigger and stay around longer like I stated before. I think that 2 seconds would be a perfect time for a fully charged attack because it still does not give the attacker or attackie an advantage. I am also sure that since it would be there and then gone relatively fast it would VERY little lag if any at all.

EDIT: Also to make things easier, the cloud of smoke/dust could be a litte transparent so you still have a chance to see if an attack is coming your way.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I have to agree with John over this one, creating a lot of dust and all will decrease the FPS which causes lags.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really like this, because if this needs to be added it would only look cool with a hole in the ground, but since that isn't possible then I don't think this would be nice, maybe just a little smoke, but not too much.
You know in the stroy when they shot bea,s then it created a crater, the smoke came form the sands of the crater thus making the smoke, unless you talk about it like in a way that the "heat" of the explosion creates the smoke.

When I enable the "smoke after beams" in the configuration I don't see anything different, is it just those stripes that are in a triangular shape that is the "smoke"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom