Explosion Size : Power Level and Mod Compatability

Best answers
One of the things that bother me the most about ESF is how power level barely effects explosion size. In my opinion, the higher someones power level is the bigger their explosions should be. I do of course think there should be a cap but the fact that its not possible to use explosions on someone unless you melee them and quickly charge up a week explosion does not make the game play very good for a Dragonball Z based game.

Other than that, I was wondering if many mods would be compatible with the new version of ESF thats coming up. I've been working on my own version of Broly for ECX for a short while and when I heard that Broly wasn't going to be in the new ESF I was a bit disappointed because he is my favorite character. Of course, there likely will be mods with the popularity spike that will hit when the new version of ESF is released, but I am still slightly anxious :).

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Hoe Hoe Hoeld up. U said u created ur own version of Broly for ECX? Why arent u helping out the team on ESF:Final if u have the knowledge to model and stuff?

Anyway check out the thread Bigger Powerleves it has some answers there:
http://forum.esforces.com/threads/79910-Bigger-Powerlevels

Note: especially check @Grega's posts

As for damage it takes into account the attack used and how much its charged, your PL, the opponents PL and how far away you are from the center of the explosion, and the HP damage is calculated with that. So the stronger you are, the more damage you do, but its nothing as ridiculous as a multiplier for every X amount of PL, as that would end up in everyone in the server just instakilling everyone due to the multiplier increase.
I think even though the maps are huge now the xplosion bubble has to be limited otherwise u'd interfere with people's battles all across the map and randomly killing people. Also server newcomers have to have a chance to grow unlike someone whos been there for a while and has a huge PL and randomly spams beams and other ki attacks around

PS: I love Broly too :D

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One of the things that bother me the most about ESF is how power level barely effects explosion size.
ECX screwed the beams. Go play ESF or EVM.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX screwed the beams. Go play ESF or EVM.
EVM? Really? The mod that lets you annihilate the entire server with 1 generic beam. The first person to reach SSJ3 in EVM just has to keep shooting generic beams into the middle of the map and he will kill everyone in the server over and over again.

That aside we made sure beams are bore useable, but we also made sure that they arnt spamable. The explosion sizes will be constant depending on the attack. Other factors will change depending on the charge and offcourse you have to remember beams have a lock on feature like shown by the open beta. So giving them big explosions would not be the best choice of action.

Best answers
Hoe Hoe Hoeld up. U said u created ur own version of Broly for ECX? Why arent u helping out the team on ESF:Final if u have the knowledge to model and stuff?

Anyway check out the thread Bigger Powerleves it has some answers there:
http://forum.esforces.com/threads/79910-Bigger-Powerlevels

Note: especially check @Grega's posts

I think even though the maps are huge now the xplosion bubble has to be limited otherwise u'd interfere with people's battles all across the map and randomly killing people. Also server newcomers have to have a chance to grow unlike someone whos been there for a while and has a huge PL and randomly spams beams and other ki attacks around

PS: I love Broly too :D
Oh I didn't mean I was making my own model for Broly, I was just using the CCI to create my own broly character, you know, changing/adding attacks and abilities and changing his looks using sprites. This is the first time I here of this mod though . . . ESF: Final? Ill be checking that out.

EDIT:: I'm sorry, I thought ESF: Final was a mod, haha. I was under the impression that the new ESF game will just be ESF 1.3 or something similar.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EDIT:: I'm sorry, I thought ESF: Final was a mod, haha. I was under the impression that the new ESF game will just be ESF 1.3 or something similar.
Your impression would have been correct. Final is a mod, and is, for all intents and purposes, ESF 1.3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your impression would have been correct. Final is a mod, and is, for all intents and purposes, ESF 1.3.
We count the open beta as 1.3

The Final doesnt have a number. But if you want a number it would be ESF 1.0 Since all the versions from 2002 till now are betas. Even 1.2.3s full name is Earth's Special Forces BETA 1.2.3

The Final is a non-beta release and as such would be ESF v1.0, but since that would be confusing for people we just call it Final.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We count the open beta as 1.3

The Final doesnt have a number. But if you want a number it would be ESF 1.0 Since all the versions from 2002 till now are betas. Even 1.2.3s full name is Earth's Special Forces BETA 1.2.3

The Final is a non-beta release and as such would be ESF v1.0, but since that would be confusing for people we just call it Final.
I thought it worked this way (everywhere):
ESF Beta 1.2.3 - a Beta version of ESF 1.2.3.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it worked this way (everywhere):
ESF Beta 1.2.3 - a Beta version of ESF 1.2.3.
No. The internal releases were always just called inteam version.

The naming was as follows.
Earth's Special Forces: Alpha 1.0 to 2.0 years 2001 to 2002
Earth's Special Forces: Beta 1.0 to 1.2.3 2002 to 2004
Earth's Special Forces: Open Beta (Technically this is Earth's Special Forces: Beta 1.3 but the inteam version) 2006 till 2008

When we stopped making Open Betas (a copy of the inteam) we decided to rename the full release into Earth's Special Forces (v1.0), but since that would cause confusion with a lot of people we held a community competition to pick the best title for it. And ever since then its been Earth's Special Forces: Final

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, alright. It does make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom