explorer.exe Problem

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
Youv'e missinturpreted what I am sayying.

If he was to use a antivrius program, such as norton or anotehr soulution out there that you pay for it would end up chewing on his memory quite a bit. Free antivirus prgrams such as AVG or antivir would be good in this case. It's common knowlege to know that Anti-virus programs such as norton love to munch away at your system resources. (That's what I am referring too).

Yes, XP runs fine with 256mb of memory but considering he is doing gaming and that he is wanting to get more memory then he'll benifit from upgrading his memory. I currently have 2 p3 933 setups running with 256mb of memory with xp running fine, but they are only guest pcs for lans, & given that apps & games these days are getting resource hungry it may be a good idea for him to head into getting more memory.

As to the problem with your windows install, Iv'e probably just though of everything you can possibly do in my previous posts in this thread. If nothing else can save it then reformat, & back up your stuff.
This thread is about his explorer.exe issue, which is NOT related to being low on ram. 99% of your posts in this thread have been off-topic thus far.

Let's get the purpose of this thread (problem resolution) completed, then if he wants advice on upgrades he can ask. =p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
This thread is about his explorer.exe issue, which is NOT related to being low on ram. 99% of your posts in this thread have been off-topic thus far.

Let's get the purpose of this thread (problem resolution) completed, then if he wants advice on upgrades he can ask. =p
99%? A fake figure of judgement. i have made suggestions at the same time for him with his problem, Iv'e also suggested ways of what he could do incase of future probs. Is there really a need to say "none of your posts have been a help to anyone"? when you read through the thread, you'll notice that my posts also point out things he can do, such as my suggestion for him to get ahold of his XP cd to & try to fix his pc via the repair console if he is not willing to reformat.

However, I suggested to him if he is infact interested in upgrading his hardware (in witch case he is) at the same time. I don't see how that can be considered 99%.

Best answers
Alright, problem solved. Go out and reformat your computer if you havnt already done that. Then if you want to upgrade then post back asking how.

@Overlord - 256 would be able to handle a virus scan and let him multitask at the same time. I know your just tryin to be help, but your almost making it sound like he HAS to upgrade. (I didn't mean to bash you Overlord)

@kurt - thats true that the majority of his posts were about upgrading, but he has also been help with the explorer issue. And he is just tryin to help him get upgraded, which isnt Gojack's #1 priority, but atleast he's thinking about what he may do next.

Best answers
Okay... uh... I'm looking for my XP CD >_>
The problem isn't important enough for a reformat, I believe. But it might be good to just in case.
I'll ask for suggestions on upgrades once I find that damn CD

Best answers
good, if your looking for upgrading advice, then your in the right place. Just be sure to hear each of us out and not just one person. And even though you think a reformat isnt needed, it'll still be good for your computer. Im sure your issue will be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom