Explore Mother Earth, from the comfort of your own home!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://earth.google.com/

This is just amazing. I've been playing with it for about a day now. Some places are such high resolution that you can easily depict a sailboat leaving harbor, cars in a parking lot, and even the famed California building that many have been finding on Google maps. Some cities even have optional 3D wireframes of their buildings, and most American landmarks are rendered three-dimensionally if you choose to render terrain.

The recommended settings might be a little high for the "average Internet user," but we're all here because we play an online video game, so nobody here should have much trouble running it. The requirements aren't that high anyway.

This is just too awesome to keep to myself.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found that program a week or so ago and yes, it is amazing. It gives you a real sense of just what size the world is when you zoom in from orbit to your house.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being able to view Antartica and then to your own street is pretty amusin, while eerie at the same time... Satelites can pin point your exact location. It probably only blurred areas to give people privacy.

But, it's pretty cool that yo ucan viewthe world from a home computer.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a very similar program from Nvidia and Keyhole called--oh, wait. Google's is powered by Keyhole's technology. @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom