Exploding in my face

Best answers
I don't know if this is actually a bug or not, but the powerful energy attacks (Spirit Bomb, Kamehameha Wave, etc) have a tendancy to explode in my face, damaging no one but myself. Is this a bug, or just something I am doing wrong?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are 3 possibilities.

1.) You press mouse 2 the moment you let go of mouse 1.
2.) You change the attack the moment you shoot the beam.
3.) You are standing on the ground or are close to a wall and the beams collision box hits teh ground/wall the moment its released.

Best answers
My other fingers are nowhere near the other mouse buttons or the wheel, and I always do them in mid air, away from everything. Is it possible that if I am looking at the wrong angle, the attack somehow hits me instead?

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Actually there maybe a fourth possibility, there is a bug I have seen that happens rarely, it causes an energy attack to "impact" pretty much as soon as it's fired, it's like hitting an invisible wall right in front of you no matter where you move or direction you are looking.

I'm not sure what causes. But I have experienced it a few times.

@nothingbutdids does it happen every time you play?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you allso state the ESF directory path from the STEAM directory onwards and what GFX mode you are using.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's rare, but sometimes all beams you fire will blow up in your face. I don't know what causes it, but it is indeed a bug.

If it's happening to you everytime you start the game, then something is wrong.

Best answers
It doesn't happen for every energy beam, but it does happen every time I play. I have found that it only seems to happen in certain places on the map.

@Grega \Steam\steamapps\wowpox1\half-life\esf and I think I'm using OpenGL

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What map might taht be if i may ask. Cause a couple of maps have some invisible wall problem areas.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the namek map and cell maps are known to have some invisible walls, but i never heard of city having them :s

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this happen only on your own server or does it also happen when you join a server?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you try joining an internet server and see if it happens there to?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've managed to narrow it down the other day. It happens when you have super/ultimate/or whatever the other powerful bot is called bots in your server.

The thing is when you have them set to idle, or where they don't attack you, and you hit them with a beam dead on. Normally they'd just tele away or use their super bot laser to block the beam. But once you kick that bot, or all bots(not sure, only tested it with one bot), the problem goes away.

So that's my fix, just kick and re-add your bots.

I'm going to go see if it happens with random and/or custom bots.

brb.
[==================================]

I've figured out.

So with random and custom bots, no matter how good or bad, if you hit them with a beam, nothing happens, they just get hit and lose health.

However with Super/Mega/Ultimate bots, you can't hit them, even when they're totally idle. the beam just explodes right before hitting them.

So when one of those bots, or presumably any bots that get up against the skybox wall( i.ethe end of the map) they can teleport themselves out of the map, or into the skybox so to say.

So once that little glitch happens, beams get glitched, and well, just explode in your face. This goes for balls too, big bang, finish buster, etc etc.

Well there you go. Don't pin your bots up against the skybox and this won't happen, and if it does, kick that bot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom