Exhaustion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about as an addition to the ESF system, character exhaustion when Ki drops too low, say below 10%, this means if you charge a super powerful attack that drains all your ki, you'll drop (assuming you were flying) to your hands and knees and pant for a bit until your ki has grown to 10%, at which time you get up and resume control.

Example: Vegeta is flying, he has half ki and is SSJ. He charges and fires a big bang attack which uses up the rest of his ki. He drops from the sky and reverts back to normal form (as it is now) however when he hits the ground instead of landing properly hit hits the ground and staggers forward, falling on his hands and knees. He pants for 3-4 seconds before getting up and allowing the player to control him once again.

I think this new element will add a bit more balance to ESF because you can't just power up then charge and fire, if you use a cataclysmic attack that exhausts your ki then you'll be slightly vunerable afterwards. I also think this will stop people spamming huge attacks that eat ki.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've noticed you have suggested a lot of animation and sprite effects, mostly just for extra eye candy, but this one actually adding a strategic feel to ESF. I like the idea, it's whether or not DarktoothDKD thinks it's a worth his time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i know it adds more of the DBZ feel two cause if you think about it almost in every fight there was a point where one of the fighters just used to much energy and cant fight for to much longer but they always end up getting extremely pissed later and getting theyre energy back by rage...

Best answers
Good idea actually. Makes the highpowered beam attacks really nerfed if fired more than one time.

Final flash would need a wee bit of a boost I suppose, seeing as it pretty much screws him over powerwise for the second.

Best answers
I like it. It would help get rid of beam spamming, but a charachter like Vegeta needs the big beams in SSJ because its one of his best traits. Maybe there could be exceptions... I like it

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah very good idea. Although if you cast a huge beam but you've landed on the ground your ki slowly regenerates. So I don't think making special provisions for Vegeta is a good idea.

Best answers
Yeah this idea has some merit to it,kudos. I think this idea has few offshoots as well that could be used, such as different chacters having different reactions to the ki loss etc, but mostly the offshoots are about graphics and sprites, not actual gaming. A few characters might need a bit of a tweak to their ki usage for beams though, because one or two of them can still beam spam without running out of ki. But yeah, general consensus seems to be that it's a good idea, and I'm inclined to agree, nice thinking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah like some .wav's from Goku... "No i will not give up!" and Frieza "No thats im..possible" etc. I think the ki usage for beams is fine atm. Compare the KHH and the FF. In almost all situations the FF will win, thats why it uses more ki than the KHH. If the KHH uses more ki than the damage it deals must be higher or if the FF uses less ki its power would have to be adjusted accordingly.

Best answers
I won battle with Kame Hame HA Wave v.s. Final Final and my power Level was low but thats not the point. OK hold on but then we be open for attack. Maybe 2 to 3 seconds because 5 seconds is an eternity. I am not saying that because i'm a weak player because people use this combo 11 prepunch and throw me to the ground and use secondary Ki Blast to form a Ki Blob on me and then i die. But other than that its a good idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the timing is a bit long, but the idea is to discourage beam spammers.

Best answers
Hmm i think i agree with this idea too.

+ More realistic
+ Beams would be used in a less spamming, natural manner.
+ Renzoku might actually get to kill someone lol.
+ Sensu beans would be very handy to recover here!
+ There is already a recovery animation (slowly getting up with hands and knees) Couldn't that just be extended? :scared:

- Players may spam the fallen character (only bad thing i can see here.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats why icesilver suggested shorter recovery time, and I happen to agree with him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe have preset times for each move, Emptying your ki into a kamehameha should yield a shorter recovery time than pouring it all into a Final Flash for example.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the idea. Definately would add some more realism to the game, and would in a way make it harder to spam the beams. :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sugested this to but it what denide, wy do you guy's agree now while there whas so mutch wyning about it in my thead.
i agree btw.

Best answers
I also like the idea, but the only thing that turned me off to it is how people seem to be spamming the secondary melee and just bouncing you around the map nowadays thus speeding up the gameplay. With a 4 sec delay on the ground for them to kiblob spam you that wouldnt be very fair now would it? :laff: So i would be willing to try the 2-3 second delay if anything. :yes:

Best answers
i think 4sec is fair, as u would most likely be blobbed by ur enemy's teammate, but theres not much u can do about that anyway.. and the whole point IS to be vulnrable for that time, so making it so u cant be hit would be defeating the purpous

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think 4 sec is fair, but a bit shorter if u exhaust yourself on something like a burning attack (3 secs) and a bit longer on a Big Bang attack (5 secs), for balance.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the varied recovery time sounds good, it will balance it nicely.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good suggestion, I like it, although I have heard something very similar somewhere before...

Could it have been a team meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom