Best answers
Execrated Designs = a small art group witch holds, naz, LynX( aka Eclipse ) , and me

This wallpaper was made by naz and me ...

Comments ? ( and no the background isn't black, it has a 3D wave in it behind it, barely seeable though... )

Best answers
okay, heres the new version ... now u should actually SEE the background, that buffoon naz had it on 2% opacity .... >_< :p

OEH OEH OEH... lol ... and here is my oh so beautifull layerbox :p

Best answers
Man That's awesome, wish I was as good as you. And really funny layer names too. :yes:

Best answers
rofl my layer boxes are always like that too but im too lazy to name the layers...

you should see some of my skins, I have like 80 layers on each one, and then like another 15 shape layers.... plus the alpha channels...

it gets so messy.

I really should name them :p

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea it's actually really funny, he sent me the file with like 10 layers or so, 9some duplicated) and I had to finish it, the file size increased from 9 mb to 36 mb, and well, prowler wants to name everthing keep it tidy etc so he named all the new layers I made

if u read it u see "wtf is this" "who knows what this is" etc :)

I kinda like it, not completely satisfied completely :/ not LOTR enough, but who cares, looks pretty good so far I think :)

grtz Naz

Best answers
The 3D stuff looks good. I agree with Nazghul on the LotR thing. This wallpaper seems a little confused to me. There is some Lord of the Rings stuff, but none of the shapes, type, or imagery really suggest that. I'm not really sure what you're showing with the interface stuff, there's a bunch of random lines, boxes, and X's, with the occasional block of repeating, unreadable text. There's no scheme to it, as a regular interface would have, which I think takes away from its visual credibility. That is to say, I don't really believe it as a computer readout. And have you guys considered making a logo/masthead for your design group? Something other than a line of type in some catchy font? It's not a necessity or anything, but then people would have some visual cue that instantaneously says "execrated design." I think you guys definitely have the talent, just find a little more direction and you could put together some great stuff.

Oh and out of curiousity, why are the "ex, d, n" highlighted in the name "execrated design?"

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't bother on the logo

we have plenty

no need to concern that

and also, not everything needs to have a reason, we're here for fun, that's all

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!we use ....

3dsmax en photoshop..

Best answers
When I say a "reason" I'm not talking about some purpose or message, like "this wallpaper represents my emptiness" all I'm saying is that is would be better if it had a unifying visual idea. Certainy you don't have to have that idea, but what separates something that is designed from something that is thrown together is that exact unifying idea. Design as a word represtents planning. Forthought in work is what showcases your talent, that everything in a piece down to the smallest detail was arranged in such a way by you for a reason. It shows that you put thought into your work. Certainly, happy accidents do happen when you create things, and everyone has their own stylistic interperetations, but all that works within that one idea. I'm also not saying that you have to spend weeks on something if it's for fun, but taking a little time to ask yourself why you do something will go a long way to improving your work.

Best answers
Originally posted by MrDomino
When I say a "reason" I'm not talking about some purpose or message, like "this wallpaper represents my emptiness" all I'm saying is that is would be better if it had a unifying visual idea. Certainy you don't have to have that idea, but what separates something that is designed from something that is thrown together is that exact unifying idea. Design as a word represtents planning. Forthought in work is what showcases your talent, that everything in a piece down to the smallest detail was arranged in such a way by you for a reason. It shows that you put thought into your work. Certainly, happy accidents do happen when you create things, and everyone has their own stylistic interperetations, but all that works within that one idea. I'm also not saying that you have to spend weeks on something if it's for fun, but taking a little time to ask yourself why you do something will go a long way to improving your work.
One reason I rarely colaborate.

The image is alright...too jumbled for my personal taste though. I do like the color.

Best answers
nice render, unfortunately, you've tainted it with ick

firstly, shoot the person who chose those fonts, fah, god damn, not only do they not fit, they're just plain ****in ugly.

secondly, drop the lotr parts, after all it's just that silly font and the ring, i'd rename it, give it some touchups, get rid of that text, and the ring, mabye give it a colour change.

oh, and last, those lines....bad.

but yea, i still love the render :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the fonts, and you could have pulled the lotr thing off better. The render is nice, and some of the trendwhore stuff is cool too. Overall it's pretty cool, but the typography takes a lot from it.

Best answers
I Think It Looks Real Good, Heck i Cant Even Do That

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom