Exchange Program

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am in Taiwan now for a 5 1/2 exchange, but... minus the exchange... because it didn't work out for the student to come to my home in the US. But ya, I arrived here last week and so far I love it. I am here to learn more about the culture and of course, the language (no better way to improve than being immersed in it ;P) But ya, things are, obviously, alot different here (the toilets, where one would do number two, are basically non-seated flushable holes in the ground where you squat :p ya, I have yet to try that out, not) But ya, what I find most different is that people are alot less stressed here than they are in the states~ I have been told that Taiwan is also much safer~ But I have yet to find out, as where I live now, all the windows are barred. Something that is annoying me though is that right outside my window, there is a construction site and they build all morning, all day, and well into the night... lol, I am just here typing and I hear the machinery so I figured I'd tell you that. So, I am attending Mandarin classes here where the teacher does not speak any English as the other students are also foreigners and may not understand~ it's better for me that way I think- its funny though, I ask for a definition of a word and he gives the definition in Mandarin, heh. If anyone here is from Taiwan or has been to Taiwan, let me know of some sweet spots- thanks. Well, it's 9:30 PM now, I am gonna go to the NetCafe (oh ya, the drinking age is 18 here :p ftw)

oh ya, ps... Taiwanese Girls are HOT
Ps again... I'll post pictures when I get back home

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice, well I'm glad you enjoy it there, I wanna see the pics!:p

Well sorry I'm not taiwanees or whatever, so no help can be gotten from me ^^
How long are you gonna stay there?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa dude, Taiwan? That's cool, I guess. Aren't they several ages behind the rest of the world though? Do they even have computers over there? I don't know what I'd do without my computer, especially for 5 1/2 (Years I'm assuming?). Probably kill myself x_x

But it sounds pretty cool learning a language like Taiwanese (No clue if that's what it's called, just guessing). So I wish you good luck in Taiwan! Tell all those Taiwanese girls that Spunky said "I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR SOUL!!!". Have a good one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's always a different life style in another country. I myself plan to travel when I have the money, I have family in England that iv'e never met myself (only met one of them, she's stayed with us twice before). The joys of living in another part of the world :).

Good luck in Taiwan. How long are you going to be there for?.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have fun on your exchange! My bro will be returning from an exchange of his own in a couple weeks, except he went to Yokohama, not Taiwan (though he has met several Taiwanese people who also went on exchange to the same university). I sincerely hope that the Taiwanese are a bit less xenophobic towards you than the Japanese were (as well as the visiting Taiwanese, Koreans, and Chinese) toward my bro =\

Take care of yourself there, though, especially if you opt to travel to other, nearby countries in that region. My bro's visit to Shanghai included highlights such as mugging and being spat on O_O

Overall, though, he spoke highly of his exchange; the experience of living abroad for a year was enriching enough for him. Hopefully, you'll find your exchange equally rewarding :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom