Exactly how big are the ESF Final maps ?

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
I heard they are going to be very big but I want to know how big the maps are

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Huge. The only thing I'm concerned about is how many players can be fit in them without the game going baloney.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
When you mean "now" as in 1.2.3 ...then no maps are waaay bigger, but also smaller than "take 3 hours to fly from one side of the map to the other" :D

Discord Member
Best answers
When you mean "now" as in 1.2.3 ...then no maps are waaay bigger, but also smaller than "take 3 hours to fly from one side of the map to the other" :D
I was lied too then... because I distinctly rememberthat.

See the thing I'm worried about is Huge maps, too few people that can populate them. That's no fun...
Ah, well, they've said there's going to be a "smart" spawning system where in the game will always spawn you near a large cluster of players.

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The only thing I am worrying about is the ESF:F seems as if it is going to be such a big game that my computer probably cannot run it. So does anyone know what the minimum configuration requirements is?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
No, you shouldn't worry! I think I remember you could fly nonstop from one edge to the other in about 10 minutes. However, they have put "boundaries" within the map so that you will play within a certain zone and fight there, all for the sake of good gameplay.

Discord Member
Best answers
10 minutes was it? My information must be skewed. Eh... I really would rather those bigger maps and a smart spawning system than a smaller map with boundaries.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. And they arent that big that you would spend minutes flying from one end to another. While its possible, its just a stupid idea to do it in a deathmatch style game ^^

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
You mean it is possible to create a server with a massive map that takes minutes to reach the other side of it ? that would be cool, I really love this kinds of games where you are on a big map and fight who you encounter. And I know that it probably won't be fun at all with real players but I thought it might be cool playing with bots like that..

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You mean it is possible to create a server with a massive map that takes minutes to reach the other side of it ? that would be cool, I really love this kinds of games where you are on a big map and fight who you encounter. And I know that it probably won't be fun at all with real players but I thought it might be cool playing with bots like that..
Yeah I was thinking the same(not the server part but something you could play locally), like if they just added a map like cell games or something with the original copy then one that does take minutes to travel around like the one in the "soaring over cell games" video. That would be amazing!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not a server. You need to make an actual map that is that big. The ones we will provide are not.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
Not a server. You need to make an actual map that is that big. The ones we will provide are not.
Good enough, thanks :)

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It doesn't even come close to three hours, it probably could but would be ridiculous to unlimit a map like that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom