Ewe Boll will stop making movies if this petition reaches 1,000,000 signitures.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One Million Signatures and Uwe Boll Will Quit Making Movies said:
Seems like Dr. Uwe Boll has been navigating the globe for about seven months with his Postal / Seed double feature tucked under his arm. He pops up at various festivals and conventions, shows off his new masterworks, and then hops a plane to another continent. And he does lots of interviews, most of which are pretty damn amusing. The latest Q&A with the king of krapola appears on FEARnet, and it's there you'll find some solid questions about animal abuse, Nazi humor, and all those crazy German tax shelters.

But the best part of the interview comes near the end. It goes a little lot something like this:

"FEARnet: Are you aware that there is a petition online, signed by 18,000 people, requesting that you stop making movies?
Boll: Yeah, I know that. 18,000 is not enough to convince me.
FN: How many would it take?
Boll: One million. Now we have a new goal."

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Uwe Boll has thrown down the gauntlet. If we can get another 980,000 signatures on THIS PETITION, then we will have done our part for the advancement of global cinematic culture. No more BloodRaynes or Houses of the Dead or Dungeon Sieges. If this isn't a worthy cause, I really don't know what is. Maybe if we get two million signatures we can get the guy's retirement to include the "producer" title. Don't wait to sign the thing: Boll already has Tunnel Rats, Far Cry, Zombie Massacre and BloodRayne 3 in production.

Postal hits limited release in late May, and (according to Dread Central) Vivendi Home Entertainment will unleash the Seed DVD in September.
(http://www.cinematical.com/2008/04/06/one-million-signatures-and-uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies/)

Hilarious. Sign @ http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats the point lol, just don't watch his movies...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stupid publicity stunt. He has like 20 movies lined up and he's going to direct, write and produce all of them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This can't be such a big deal really, you aren't forced to watch the movies you know..

At least he is happy making movies about games despite them being one of the worst movies ever made in the entire history.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This can't be such a big deal really, you aren't forced to watch the movies you know..

At least he is happy making movies about games despite them being one of the worst movies ever made in the entire history.
I think the point of it is, if he makes a movie based off a game that had good potential, well that kinda locks others outfrom making a movie of that game too, not really impossible, but makes them look even less creative.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Signed.

Lith said:
Whats the point lol, just don't watch his movies...
I think once a movie is made and you completely soil it, it's incredibly difficult to go back and do it again, even by an entirely different crew. That's not to say it's not possible, but making a remake of a recent movie doesn't happen often. That's why I feel that if you're going to do it, get it right the first time, or don't bother at all.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're already up to just under 100,000 signatures. When I made this, they were at 23,000.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
They're already up to just under 100,000 signatures. When I made this, they were at 23,000.
I spent 5 minutes just refreshing and smiling as each time there were like 150 new signatures. Pretty insane.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, i hate this guy now... He's doing a Far Cry movie ( didn't know of that )..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nixanthros said:
He's booked until 2010. Who the **** keeps giving him money to make his piece of **** movies?
Other people who make piece of **** movies? That's my guess anyways.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The worrying part is they probably wouldn't finance his films if they didn't create profit. There are people out there, real live people, who go out, pay money, and sit down for an extended period of time to watch his film.

Wow.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The worrying part is they probably wouldn't finance his films if they didn't create profit. There are people out there, real live people, who go out, pay money, and sit down for an extended period of time to watch his film.

Wow.
If you read his wikipedia page, it's apparently because the German government allows investors to fully right off their investment in the movie as a tax deduction, and they only pay taxes on PROFIT from the movie.

Meaning if they invest and the movie fails, it doesn't matter because it's money they would have lost in tax anyway, and they're only taxed from profit (a.k.a. FREE money) that the movie makes.

Basically, the German government pays for these movies to be created with tax dollars/subsidies in order to encourage people to make German-based films.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What was the number when you posted?
I think I signed at around 11K (just after your post) and already over a hundred thousand!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If we close our eyes and hold hands, and truly believe in it, then a miracle will happen =)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
If we close our eyes and hold hands, and truly believe in it, then a miracle will happen =)
My eyes are wide open and a miracle is sitting at 125,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom