Everytime I see the game getting closer and closer to release I feel like this

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then when it released it was about 5 years too late graphically, and was complete and utter shit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to mention all the problems it had, including half the player base not being able to play it because of a server bug.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not going to say anything bad about NNK, but it suffered greatly because it had a release date. The devs wanted to release on the set time. The truth was, that the day of the release and approximately 48 hours earlier the coders and the majority of testers were online for the entire time up to the release still patching up crash and gamebreaking glitches. I literally spent 20 hours of the final day testing along with Tenken and Ryo on the code side while at the same time we were hauling the release party along.

For the release to be as it was, was in fact nearly a miracle. The problem came afterwards. Instead of focusing on a bugfix patch to fix the game, most devs shifted in to version 2.0 mode and the community died down because the game was not playable for over 10 minutes because of lag issues and because half the people were unable to even run it, while the development was focused on new characters and big updates instead of bug fixes.

Thats also a reason why we want the game to be ready content whise, so that after release we at most have to only focus on a bugfix patch before letting it run its course.

Best answers
I have abo****ely no clue but I feel like ESF: Final release will be a nice clean release. Think people will catch bugs within the first 48 hours?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah NNK was really rushed in the end. I'm pretty sure a pretty gamebreaking bug popped up within under 24 hours of release too that we had to fix.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- NNK was in a buggy and rather unplayable state
- It was ambiguous whether or not the devs were going to fix it
- The gameplay needed to be overhauled. Even if it wasn't buggy, the game wasn't that much fun.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Im having a ESF Attack, can someone please tell me the game is still being worked on & everything will be ok? Im dieing here..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, the lack of a POTW this week signifies that the development of this mod is on hiatus and will eventually be picked back up in the coming years. Yes the game is still being worked on...

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I imagine that a lot of the current focus is on ironing out the kinks in the destructible maps. Almost makes me shudder to think of how hard that would be to implement, Raven is a brave man.

I'm actually wondering how the animation is going though. Last I heard DT was a one man animating machine, is that still pretty much what's going on? Is there a lot more that needs to be done in this department?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And this game is a far cry from Duke Nukem. That game was not only in hell, but hinted at and speculated for years before it finally was forced into release.
How is this a farcry from Duke Nukem. Everyone speculates about when it will come out. It's been this way for years.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is this a farcry from Duke Nukem. Everyone speculates about when it will come out. It's been this way for years.
Well to be fair DNF was supposed to release according to the developers in 2002 if i recall, a second time in 2004 and i believe there were a few others, before it pretty much died. In the end it was a rush job of a game in order to try and cash in on the waiting fanbase, and was an utter disappointment because of the half arsed attempt at trying to catch what the Duke really was.

So nobody speculated on DNFs release, people were given a time frame, and the time frame was not kept.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/speculate

You're mistaken on what speculation means. Speculation is a rumor, brought about by whispers but no real evidence, like Duke Nukem. Contrary, ESF has direct evidence of being worked on and active updates. If you want it done quickly, contribute. If you can't contribute, massage your sore ass and be a little bit more patient.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/speculate

You're mistaken on what speculation means. Speculation is a rumor, brought about by whispers but no real evidence, like Duke Nukem. Contrary, ESF has direct evidence of being worked on and active updates. If you want it done quickly, contribute. If you can't contribute, massage your sore ass and be a little bit more patient.
That's what they said about Duke Nukem Forever. Too bad I couldn't buy the copyright.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually wondering how the animation is going though. Last I heard DT was a one man animating machine, is that still pretty much what's going on? Is there a lot more that needs to be done in this department?
Yes and yes.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Masta does some but from what I understand DT redoes most of those :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5177/1858303-always_bet_on_duke.jpg
Exactly like this.

• I waited too much for DNF, i lost my patience for ESF (since 2008 that i'm waiting for the next version).
  • When it's done i play it.
  • Don't spend your life for waiting ESF (whether it will be released or will be closed by namco bandai).
  • Don't live in the forum. Live in reality.
  • Don't lick the ass to become a beta tester.
  • You love videogames? wait for GTAV. Yes, GTAV have a release date.
>TFW This actually true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom