everyone who plays this game is a jerk

Best answers
well, not everyone, but most people. I don't want to sound like I'm crying, but it's true. I'm sure a lot of people could back me up with this too. There is just something about this game that just brings out the worst in people. For instance, I was just recently in a game where I was at the top of the scoreboard. Then out of nowhere, people start cussing at me whenever I beat them. Then I get kicked from the game. This is the 4th server that has done this to me today.

Stuff like this usually doesn't bother me, and I try not to make a big deal out of it, but I'd like to know if other people have had previous experiences with rude people while playing this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I garuntee, every other online game, has people like this. ESF is not the only game with people like that, so best not to be bothered by it. They can say/do anything they want from the safety of their computer screen, so, it is not gonna stop anytime soon.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the state of online gaming has a consistant dark side to it.

That's why I prefer games that have heavy security and are always changing this security to adapt.

Best answers
but with every other game I play online, people just act differently when they play this game. It might be the type of people that play this game(bipolar nerds) or it might be the way the game plays. Same with the forums, too. The the people on these forums are great, but go to the EVM forums, and those people will bite your head off for no reason. You go to forums for any other game, and everyone is real cool.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately there is a very large... "ego problem" with a large number of people that play this game. It's just something you have to deal with; an unfortunate byproduct of the anonymity of the Internet.

There's always the option of playing on your own (listen) server and having the ability to kick/ban people to your liking.

You're going to see people with rotten attitudes in any game/competition, online or offline. I guess it just seems so apparent in this online community because it's so small. A few people can ruin it for many. Most of the time, all you can do is just ignore them and play (Valve really needs to add a text-chat mute option).

There's usually a reason that they're the way they are.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This happens to me alot , also happened again yesterday. All the newbies love to flame people and say they have no life , It's also annoyying when they ask questions ingame about how to play when there is Various Learning/Reading sources around.

Best answers
nuclearfeet said:
but with every other game I play online, people just act differently when they play this game. It might be the type of people that play this game(bipolar nerds) or it might be the way the game plays. Same with the forums, too. The the people on these forums are great, but go to the EVM forums, and those people will bite your head off for no reason. You go to forums for any other game, and everyone is real cool.
em wanna say why we bit your head off ? you was moaning about the 10 minute esf-world wait to download the new evm model pack and asked why do they do that etc then when he saw no-one minded he changed his mind and the fact of 20 kbs annoyed him and then at the end he feels "sorry" for anyone trying to download esf form there

Here is the topic in question

and for those of you who don't want to see it I'll post it below here

"ok, so I'm downloading the EVM model pack 1.0 from ESF-world, not because I think they are a great place to DL from, but because there is no other place. The model pack is exactly 17.3mb, and It's cruising along at 20.2 kb/s on my 256kb DSL connection. Thats after waiting for 10 minutes. Now I ask myself WHY? I understand that you can pay .99 for the download (not $.99 people, .99 Euros, which comes out to about $1.20 US). I even tried paying the money just so I could download the file at regular speed, but the PayPal transfer wouldn't go through.

I don't see the point in making us wait 10 extra minutes for a download that is going to be 20kb/s fast anyways. Is ESF-world trying to punish me? Now I ask the people here at Corona Bytes.net: why do you have them host your files for you? 50% of the website isn't even in english. C'mon, even Fileshack.com can do better than 20kb/s for a FREE download.

edit: the title is supposed to say "ESF-world."
" (he called the title ES-world, I hate them)

and yes people are mean and *******s in esf, and yes some are in a postion of power but it happens! as it's one of those fact of life things that no-one will ever answer as some people in this game are so bad at it they refuse to think overwise and think there the best and "unbeatable" which makes the think everyone who can beat them (which is more or less everyone) is hacking

and on the other end of the scale there are people who are insanly good and use every single explot and bug in esf to there advantage wether it's fair or not and because of this they seem "unbeatable" until a lamer and less skilled guy comes along and beats him anyway

so I hope this clears this up for you nuclearfeet and next time don't go running off to another fourm saying "they bit my head off" when you slagged off the best hosting site for esf/evm as I'd expect you'd get the same answer that you would of got from them as you did from us if you posted here first

One last thing, the main reason for so called noobs being annoyed is because the fear of the unknown which is because they can't understand how you beat them and they wanna make you hurt for winning so they go away and let the noob play aginest the afk so keep in mind that the only real reason (I'm talking about deep inside them) they want to hurt you (ok STFU or FU won't hurt you at all but they hope it will) is they fear you and what you know which kinda makes it all ironic eh ?

Best answers
hmm.. again some1 who mark us "the nerds" i hate it, ppl who are good in some game are told to be a nerd or a cheater T_T all teh n00bs are just jelous and become angry that's all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
This happens to me alot , also happened again yesterday. All the newbies love to flame people and say they have no life , It's also annoyying when they ask questions ingame about how to play when there is Various Learning/Reading sources around.
if they ask you how to play... tell them, dont be a **** about it. Why should they run around to find information when you could just tell them.

Yea, this kind of behavior is ***, but what can you expect. No1 likes being slapped around :p

Its the worst when your winning, but as soon as you trans your kicked out :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm an ******* in the game too, but it doesn't make me an ******* all-around. I play as frieza and my in-game name is based off of a tenchi Villain....and I'm supposed to act nice? PFFF!!!

I'm gonna make you cry for mercy! YAR!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
if they ask you how to play... tell them, dont be a **** about it. Why should they run around to find information when you could just tell them.

Yea, this kind of behavior is ***, but what can you expect. No1 likes being slapped around :p

Its the worst when your winning, but as soon as you trans your kicked out :)
People do not play this game to give lectures or classes on how to play. Which is also why just about everything in this world is made with a manual. If you do not want to read the manual, then search these forums. If you do not want to search these forums or read the manual then why would we want to spend our time trying to help people?

I mean, if your so lazy to not read the manual or forums, that is showing that what we tell you will be a waste. If you read the manual or forums then say it before you start asking random questions, which probally will get you a better chance of finding your answer. If your someone like me, then spend time with bots and just mash the keys, figure out combos, etcetera.

If you do not want to do any of this then simply do not play the game.

Best answers
desmond, everyone knows that you use scripts, so don't lecture us. I asked an honest question to you guys at EVM: "why don't you find a better site to host?" And instead of getting an honest answer, you flip out and start cussing at me, in-game and in the forums. Then you try and say that you "use points and not name calling." Sorry, but just had to make you eat your words there.

I play this game because it's fun. It doesn't really bother me that there are people who try to make it not fun for everyone else, but I'm sure it bothers other people. So just chill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
People do not play this game to give lectures or classes on how to play. Which is also why just about everything in this world is made with a manual. If you do not want to read the manual, then search these forums. If you do not want to search these forums or read the manual then why would we want to spend our time trying to help people?

I mean, if your so lazy to not read the manual or forums, that is showing that what we tell you will be a waste. If you read the manual or forums then say it before you start asking random questions, which probally will get you a better chance of finding your answer. If your someone like me, then spend time with bots and just mash the keys, figure out combos, etcetera.

if you dont want to act mature why dont you **** off.. no1 else wants to put up with your bull****. if you cant act polite in a video game, how are you going to act in real life.

its not that big of a deal if some1 asks how to block.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
if you dont want to act mature why dont you **** off.. no1 else wants to put up with your bull****. if you cant act polite in a video game, how are you going to act in real life.

I definitely agree, I mean damn dudes, at one point in time you needed help. The manual doesn't cover how to do combos, nor anyone here is not a programmer/designer/excellent gamer without help. So stop being p*ssies and help them out. You always say you want good challenges, but you're never up to teach someone how to play. And if a person can't play, how in the hell do you expect to get challenges? This is why people get flamed so much from n00bs, damn f*ckers can't even lend a hand to someone in need but always there to accept something.

And I guarantee that every person was a n00b or needed help when they began playing this game or any other game as a matter of fact. And if no one helped you directly, you learned from watching others, so one way or another you got help from playing, directly or indirectly.

Remember this: No one's a pro the minute they start to play a new game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I started I had already looked at the manual since I was so intrged by the game. Soembody noticed I was new (god I wish I could remeber who that was) and told me about wall jump and transforming, which was very nice of him. But, I enver asked for help, I usually found out stuff my own.

If a person asks something like "what do I do ot win advanced melee" I will tell them, and then refer to my tutorial on esf world, but if they ask something like "how do I shoot ki blasts??", I still tell them, but it is just an unecessary question, even if you are new.

These are a lot of the reasons I made the turtorial in the first place, and people have been thanking me when they see my name :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:

I agree completely. If someone is unwilling to take the time and learn it properly on their own, who's to say that us teaching them will be effective?

I wouldn't want to be spending my time, time I would have otherwise spent playing ESF, trying to explain to some n00b how the basics work, if that person would just forget it again the next day or not even pay attention to what I'm saying, or if he/she is rude or whatnot.

It depends on how the person acts. If they're relaxed and act normal and are polite, and don't ask stupid questions like "How do you do simple melee", but instead ask some more thought-out questions, I'm more likely to lend a helping hand. I don't want my efforts to be wasted when I spend my own free time trying to help someone. I'm not some jackass who's unwilling to help, I'm just selective of those who I do help.

Best answers
Omnious said:
I definitely agree, I mean damn dudes, at one point in time you needed help. The manual doesn't cover how to do combos, nor anyone here is not a programmer/designer/excellent gamer without help. So stop being p*ssies and help them out. You always say you want good challenges, but you're never up to teach someone how to play. And if a person can't play, how in the hell do you expect to get challenges? This is why people get flamed so much from n00bs, damn f*ckers can't even lend a hand to someone in need but always there to accept something.

And I guarantee that every person was a n00b or needed help when they began playing this game or any other game as a matter of fact. And if no one helped you directly, you learned from watching others, so one way or another you got help from playing, directly or indirectly.

Remember this: No one's a pro the minute they start to play a new game.
If you tell newcomers to read the manual and give them a link to it, they still have the nerve to ask alot of questions. If you jerks figured out how to read forums and manuals, we wouldn't have to be such ***holes because you already knew everything. Even the adv melee combos can be found if you look hard enough.

If you tell them to practise against bots u emediatly get the response "but bots are boring" or something like it. If u ask advice, say "thank you" when you're given advice.

As for me, I learned from watching others and asking, POLITELY!, other players if they could teach me a trick if I saw 1 that I didn't knew. If they couldn't or wouldn't teach me the exact same day as I asked, I'd wait and see when he plays again and ask him again, POLITELY! And even if he wouldn't show me the trick, I would find someone else that could.

Annoying the good players with the same annoying questions like "could you teach me how to play?" and "how'd you do that?" over and over gets them annoyed. The reason why these questions annoy me is because theres a manual and for the 2nd question: you didn't specify WHAT.

When I teach someone things, I expect them to play every day for atleast 3 hours on any public server. If I don't see someone on a server for a while, I will have the feeling that I taught him all those tricks for nothing.

I for 1 also expect people to think logically and know how to use sites like google.com

Goes to say: if you DON'T play this game EVERY day for ATLEAST 3 weeks, you're considered a waste of time. This game isn't anything like CS what u can pretty much pick up in a week.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who says people know everything? First time I played this game; I read the manual and looked on the forums. I had someone from one of the big clans train me a bit just to show me a few things, which I really did not ask to be trained. Personally, I do not play this game everyday; I only play it once in a while due to my real life being forced into higher priority. And for one, I am not a jerk, I am not mean in games, nor am I implying that I am better than everyone.

I was thrown and tossed around countless times since 1.1. And I could never keep up or match up against better experienced and trained players. Around that time, I played just about every time I got home from school because this game is fun and addictive.

Besides, how do you define a good player, or a bad one? Everyone has their personal tastes and opinions. One guy might not like melee, though you think he is a good player. One guy might like being cheap and using cheap tactics, you probably think he is a bad player. There are no good players or bad players, only experienced players and beginning players.

Besides, this is who I am. Why do you expect someone to talk to someone they do not even know to train them? Basically that is what we do in these forums (talk to people we do not know). Though within the game is a different situation, online people expect you to play rather than ask questions. I learned that the hard way and had myself handed to me.

And about the combos... I rather you figure them out since they were made for you (as in individual) to find out on your own. I still have no found any, which does not greatly effect how I play. Besides, usually a chain reaction happens. You help one person, then another will start screaming at you, and then you will have 20 IM messages pop-up when you sign on.

If it is a simple question, like how to block, I just say Q. WOW!!! If it is to have me explain something like the advanced melee, then I will not say anything. Besides, when did it become our responsibility to teach anyone anything?

Edit
I hate using the quotes so I am greatly sorry if it seems directed at the wrong person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
Telling someone to **** off isn't very mature either my friend. Let's keep the flames down shall we?

Omnious said:
Don't evade the swear filter. It's there for good reason.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:

It's just annoyying period. If it's a sea of newbies maybe , but other then that they should all read the manual so they atleast have a sense of how to play the game , and chakra's guide will point out just about everything you will need to know.

It's Just not right to go around asking questions when there are the apprioate reading sources out there (especially in this case , video games). If the manual doesn't really explain everything , you practice and from there delvelop your skill (that's how i did it when i was a 1.0 n00b).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom