Every Metal Slug Game On Wii!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, i've been making a lot of threads lately.

Anyways, im totally stoked more than ever. To make it short, all 6 Metal Slug games are gonna be on the Wii as part of the Metal Slug Anthology, and they will all utilize the Wii controller to make the games even better (I didn't think it was even possible).

I was hoping for Neo-Geo games on the virtual console to get me some Metal Slug action, but a full fledged Metal Slug game for the Wii with awesome Wii controls? I would buy one for this game alone.

Oh ya, links. Here ya go. http://revolution.ign.com/articles/704/704020p1.html

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a better idea. How about a new metal slug? Is that really too much to ask for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Metal Slug's pretty fun, but if I'm going to have to move my character with the Rev controller (which is what I assume they'll be going for), I think it'll feel really weird and it might make things even harder. Metal Slug requires really quick reactions, so having to do all that with a remote-style controller will be hard and not very fun, I think.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Metal Slug's pretty fun, but if I'm going to have to move my character with the Rev controller (which is what I assume they'll be going for), I think it'll feel really weird and it might make things even harder. Metal Slug requires really quick reactions, so having to do all that with a remote-style controller will be hard and not very fun, I think.
If I had to formulate a guess, I'd imagine that you could probably hold the control sideways, leaving the d-pad on one side, and the needed buttons on the other (ie: NES-style).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
If I had to formulate a guess, I'd imagine that you could probably hold the control sideways, leaving the d-pad on one side, and the needed buttons on the other (ie: NES-style).
How would that make use of "the Wii's unique control system"?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would assume that's only for certain games. Just because they have a brand new way of using a controller doen't mean ever single game is going to need it. Plus with the addons it only makes more sense.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, experience from most DS games has taught me that many developers will struggle to implement some touch-screen functionality into a game, even if it completely rapes the game. Ridge Racer DS, anyone? So yeah, I can definitely see the same thing happen with the Revolution, if a little less.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I assumed that you would use the Nunchuck attachment to move around, and the Wii controller to aim. That would make sense, and wouldn't be very hard to grasp.

Optimus Prime said:
I have a better idea. How about a new metal slug? Is that really too much to ask for.
Actually, they are making a new Metal Slug. Two of them actually. There is Metal Slug 3d, which I'm just not paying attention too, cuz I have no faith that it will be any good. And there is Metal Slug 6, which is a true sequel to Metal Slug 5. The IGN article even mentions that Metal Slug 6 might be in this Anthology.

And a random little tidbit, Metal Slug 6 will have 2 new playable characters in the form of Ralph and Clark from King Of Fighters (I think they should've used Leona but oh well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom