Do you believe in God?

• Yes I believe in God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I dont believe there is a God

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Evangelion Fanart #2

I havent posted anything in quite a while as im trying to get out of this rut i'm in (quite unsucsessfully) at the moment, however, here's something i'm going to try and see through to at least colours hopefully...

Here is the 1st wip, didnt bother making a thread here for just this...

For the 2nd wip i decided to crop the composition to just unit01, it's better now i think. I also added a bunch of loose detail to the whole thing, now it's time to clean it up and make sure it's all true to the original eva :).

Body is still messy all sketchy, unless you actually know the char its hard to make out what the hell is going on but meh for the mo.
Any crits you have, share them :D. I'm all for making this pic good with help of others.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, all I can say is that's a really good looking sketch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be me, but it seems to me that the gun should be tilted just a bit to the right.

Best answers
Good crit Chaos, thanks.
/me scribbles over gun with right pointy lines.

Just cleaning up the face right now so i'll post quick update... :D

Best answers
No replies *cries*. Well i suppose that wasnt much of an update really, but this one is :D

Again, all comments and crits welcome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow this thing is looking better by the update <3

Best answers
Hmmz, i think the visible part of the butt on the gun looks a little small, upon inspection. I'll fix that up when i next work on it. ty for teh comment X :>

Best answers
hey diablos. i dont know much about Evangelion, but to me.. the arms seem a big awkward. if they were suppose to be mechanical, forgive me =)

anyways, lookin better just as X stated. Hope to see it finished

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yep, mechanical-ish thingie...never saw evangelion so, but here's some pics;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, wow, just had to get that out of the way. It scares me how you can be so good at modelling and drawing and have a katana and cool hair. It's not fair.

Onto the critz! First off, the EVA's 'pecs' have three holes, even if the metal parts cover the outer holes, the inner ones (closest to the center of the chest) should still show. The 'horn' is a bit thick and also needs to end in a diagonal line rather than a straight, making it look a bit like a katana end (the irony is not lost on me).

Lastly, the teeth. If you're drawing him as a Beserker EVA then they're fine as they are, but if he's not Beserker (as the pose suggests) then they should be squarer, and red when it comes to colouring.

Anyhoo, great job, i'll be watching this thread to see how it comes along.

Best answers
My life isn't that good, believe me Ravendust. But nevermind that...

Thx for all comments. I opened photoshop 3 hours ago and somehow my nice semi-clean sketch has turned into all out scribbles again, but i shanged a bunch of stuff (some which were mentioned here) and i now have this:

The ultra dark bits at the bottom in contrast with the lighter bits at the top kind of muddle the eyes a bit, but mleh.

The body is much more "Eva" now and i also fixed the arm positioning. I changed bunch of other aesthetic details, and inaccuracies were also sorted out... but now i'm pooped. Not only that but i'm tired of looking at it now, so ima go sleepy.

Once again all crits + comments are encouraged so i have something to look forward to when i check this thread tomorrow :). tata

Best answers
No comments, but no matter. I'm just about finished with the line art now, line weight and the cg will have to come later as the weekend is almost over D:

All comments etc welcomed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to sleep sometime >:E

but yeah, it could still be me ;), but the way you positioned the gun it's like the robot isn't holding it like it's supposed to.... o_o

Best answers
Mmm, teh colours.

Highlights and some other nice stuff still to do before its finished, but yeah you get the idea XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the entire thing looks awesome o_O

now fix the coloring on the gun you mippit >:E

Best answers
Hearing that from you means a lot tales :D

gun will come at the end chaos ;)

update... almost finished

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
omg..... o_O
DAMN NICE!