EVA-01 vs. one of those gundams

Best answers
After getting out of this arguement on Evangelion.com, i want to know what you guys think (as long as you've seen most of Eva, and gundam(any of them)). Argue only if you have seen both. I, personally, think Eva-01 would win, but i'll only state my reasons if someone starts arguing. And we're talking about Eva-01 late in the series, or in End of Eva, and also any ONE gundam (although that won't make a difference) from any of series. I've seen 08th ms team, gundam wing, endless waltz, chars counterattack, and one of the others, can't remember the name.

Keep it friendly.

I'm an EVA fan.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would depend on the gundam.. cause if it was like psyco gundam mk2 eva wouldnt stand a chance but if it was a gm eva would win...

although eva is like 80 times the size of a gundam... but i think if it was a cool enough gundam then it would win...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off I have seen all of Evangelion except the movies and Wing, Walz, and 08th.

Couple of versions to this answer :)

Assumption: N-2 Mine is equivilent to 100 Megaton Nuke.

Facts:

1. Minovsky (SP?) Particle weapons are Fusion particle products trapped in magnetic feilds fired at near light speed. Both Positive/Negative and Mega particle weapons are for all intent purposes, "Nukes in a bottle"
  2. The AT feild is the light of the soul and cannot be penetrated easily. Period.
    [/list=1]

1) Gundam/MS w/ Minovsky Particle weapons vs. EVA-01 sans Lance of Longinus.

In EVA we see an angel (Zuriel? The second angel anywhoo. . .) get it's cookies frosted by an N2 mine. It doesn't die, but it gets hurt and that's important for this argument. EVA cannot fly (at least, I don't think it can), therefore it's Immense melee abilities would be wasted on the extremely mobile Wing Gundams. At worst the Wing Gundams could send down some Particle death and damge the EVA enough to put the pilot in shock. All the non-particle cannon toting Gundams/Mobile suits would be lunchmeat. The EVA is too fast and agile. No Zero system magic could save the pilot (for you Epyon Lovers, too bad) from getting his gundanium arms torn off.

The advantage: Gundam

2) Any gundam/MS vs. EVA-01 with Lance of Longinus.

One shot, gundam/MS dead. Period. This is the spear that was dipped in the blood of a god. Making the bearer INVINCIBLE. And no, the Virgo/VirgoII's sheild could not be as strong as the Absolute Terror feild, not that the AT feild could stop the lance for Lililth.

There shouldn't be any argument. This is the answer, like it or not.

I have used the "Mythology" of both shows to answer this question satisfactorily.

:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well if the gundam put enough minovsky particles eva would just shut down... cause minovsky particles overide move electrical equpment so wouldnt be much of a fight...

and u have beam swords and shields it wouldnt matter what weapon eva used if a gundam blocks with a beam shield nothing would hit cause the beam shield qould vapporize or dissperse any matter that came in contact with the beam part of the shield...

also if the pilot was a new-type eva couldnt hit him cause the new-type pilot would see where the attack would hit before the shoot was fired...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*groans*

Hibiki, the Lance is an artifact and ignores the laws of physics. It chews up anything. This is christian mythology, not science and thats why this gets annoying to argue. The newtype is a small hitch in my arguement but we are comparing EVA to Gundam/MS not Shinji to Amuro Ray. The lance also acheived orbit in the blink of an eye, thats hard to dodge, even for a newtype. The lance is capable of killing gods. God created physics.

The Eva's are only slightly larger than the gundams.

The minovsky particles won't stop an angel from functioning. Next time, don't fast forward through plot, k? :) Do you really think it matters if the Eva pilot cant see outside windspeed on his HUD? The angel inside the EVA has functioned without power. Especially 01 at the end of the series.

/me Prepares flame-retardant undies :)

Best answers
mind you, i have seen the movies, and *spoilers, but also a good arguement* eva-01 did survive adam's shockwave, which i believe is stronger than any gundam attack. Eva-01, and that pyramid shape building, were the only things to survive it. And an Eva's AT field, is unpassable, and it takes a great deal to break it down. Even though the EVA is a lot bigger, it can still move pretty fast. Also, EVA can destroy a gundam simply with its AT field, as shown in several angel attacks, and in EoE. Pro-gundam people shouldn't underestimate the powers of the AT field.

Best answers
Well, I've seen all the Gundams you can see in the US :) I'm a big Gundam fan and I've never seen Evangelion before and I know I'm not supposed to post :p but from what I've read you're comparing angels and gods to big Mech's of War. I thought you were comparing them to Evangelion mechs or robots or whatever they're called and if I've missed that somewhere then you've confooosed me o_O Pls keep it simple, Gundams vs ??? and who would win :)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's why your not supposed to post if you haven't seen NGE. The EVAs look like mecha, but are actually cloned angels in "restraning armor". The 1st angel they were cloned from blew up antarctica when it was released, so they needed to restrain it. The EVAs were created for nefarious reasons that would take 40 posts to explain. In the end it's a silly argument. Things that exsist outside the laws of nature shouldn't be compared to the tools of man. :) Gundam is cool, but EVAs are invincible (except against the angels). Do yourself a favor and watch it :yes: you'll like it.

Best answers
Sure...as soon as Cartoon Network airs it :p Thanks for explaining, Ima stop posting and just read now :)

Best answers
CN isn't probably going to air it, although maybe on adult swim. NGE is pretty violent, especially for mech-look-alike. Not to mention all the sexually oriented jokes, and whatnot. Especially if they air EoE (if it ever gets released), with all the (casual) nudity in it, violent, gory, and sick fights, and definitely the disturbing general idea of EoE, would probably keep NGE of CN at least. Though, i heard they had it on sci-fi for a while. Anything can happen.

Back on topic, yeah it is a silly argument, but so is any argument, especially about anime, and especially comparing animes, and definitely comparing different type of anime things.

Devilman

D
i swear this most evil question i've ever had in anime i had so many arguement over eva-01 vs gundamn (most of the time it's gundam wing zero)
eva-001 would probly beat any thing that gundam could throw at it . but this only thing i can't find a way to beat , and this was poiint out from my cousin what about that thing that wing zero has that can predict attacks that my only thing that i know gundam have that better than eva has

things that make eva-001 better than gundam

- All gundam are bow limbs which make them less movement

- Evanglions are alive

-eva have AT-fields

another thing
Has anybody see that anime pic from some anime mag that has eva-01 vs wingzero i have it and i'll scan it later to put on the fourms later

about the cartoon network

NGE will never come on cartoon network and if it did it be cancel as fast as the origin gundam did for the fact it be so much cut it wouldnt b funny , cool and get it point out NGE was even cut in japan , Plus Trigun can't even get on Cartoon network . and that my thought on it and also

My last note:
I'm for NGE

Best answers
I agree with everything u just said. I think we're brothers.

Best answers
OK likely this post is going to go on forever so lets just sum it up

THER FAKE

but I agrea it depends on the pilot and cause and meaning sinji is a 14 yo weekling who has the brain waves of a 2 yo but lets just take chars from GW heero,zechs so on wouldnt be afarid to kill who ever in there path but sinji had a problem killing one dude ok heero and that little girl but she was like 5

Pros
EVA 01-------------GW
-----------------------
agilty-----------all-terran
weapons------weapons
nothing--------gundam each specially attune to user
armor----------selfdestruct
Nbomb---------not fealing the mechas pain
ATfield---------nothing

cons
the power cable-armor
you feel pain-lack of controls
chances of berseck and eating an angel--shotin the C-pit
sinji has no guts---nothing

when it comes down to it the eva is a better mecha but the pilots are all 14 yo kids with little or no battle exp so relly plus what makes you so sure you get the lunusgus spear ok i didnt get to see the movie but at 26 cap its in space so letting all the movies

so it basicly

sinji VS heero
with shinji being a losser i think the GW would win

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not Shinji Ikari you have to worry about it's Shinji's Mother and the Clone of the First Angel you have to worry about. The power cable is not a valid excuse. Note the timeline in the pole EOE/end of series. Shinji's sync ratio was over 400% at one point. The slow moving, not impervious wing gundams would be lunch meat. Lance => certain death. That AT feild is the great equalizer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it would all depend on what part or series the fight too place in... cause if it was vs heero he would win cause he wouldnt back down cause he isnt afrade of his own death... also wing gundams are funky and are hard to calculate cause they dont really have stats or anything...

also gundam would prob win in the end cause they have a countless number of mobile suits... (that and the fact that they would also have newtypes)

and the fact that shinji is a loser kid.... :p (i mean do u think that he could beat char in a fight?? i think not...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but all in all i think eva would win cause its all funky but right as it wins...

the sdf-1 would fry it with the macross cannon thus making macross the winner!!!

GO MACROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO MACROSS!!!!!!!!!!

GO MACROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol!!!

max could kill anyone in his sleep....

so everyone face it...

MACROSS OWNS J00 ALL!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom