Europe to ban sales of PlayStation 3

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation-3/LG-Wins-Injunction-Against-Sony-PS3-European-Shipments-Seized/

As a follow-up to our previous article, today the civil court of justice in the Hague has granted LG a preliminary injunction that will see all new PlayStation 3 consoles imported into Europe confiscated by customs for at least ten days leaving only a few weeks worth of PS3 stock left in the channel.

To quote from MCVUK: "Shipments of PS3 consoles have been seized by European customs officers as an LG injunction against Blu-ray technology seeks to block Sony products from sale, according to a report in The Guardian this afternoon.

Earlier this month, LG had filed a claim with the International Trade Commission calling for a block on PS3 sales, saying the device infringes on its copyrights.

The technology firm claims its rival's Blu-ray disc devices use four patented technologies while, Bravia TVs infringe another four.

At the time, the firm said it wanted to have sales of the PS3 (which plays Blu-rays) and other products banned.

And now, surprisingly, its got its way. The Guardian reports that an initial injunction has now been granted by the civil court of justice in the Hague, leading to all new imports of PS3s to be confiscated."

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
odd i have a cuz who works in customs he aint said nothing about it Strange

and i Realy REALY dont want to be reading NEWS ON A DBZ FORUM I MEAN WTF MAN ITS BORING

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

and i Realy REALY dont want to be reading NEWS ON A DBZ FORUM I MEAN WTF MAN ITS BORING
I know you're trying to fit in by being against Mkilbride, but stop. People aren't aren't acting the way they are towards him because he's posting news on a DBZ forum.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know you're trying to fit in by being against Mkilbride, but stop. People aren't aren't acting the way they are towards him because he's posting news on a DBZ forum.
I will post what i feel young man i dont give a Flying **** what you think anymore so in other words ****off i dont care

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I will post what i feel young man i dont give a Flying **** what you think anymore so in other words ****off i dont care
This is why there should be news on Dbz forums. Much more entertaining.

And i seriously doubt PS3 getting banned anywhere, Sony will just not have it.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Microsoft sales are about to skyrocket it seems.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems like Sony wanted a bigger piece of the pie and bit into the plate instead.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very interesting, I wonder if this will increase the value of existing PS3's within Europe to the point of some kind of cool black market PS3 cartel. What happens to games? Sounds like just the console is being banned but what sense is selling games to a console that can't be purchased?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LG just mad that their launch PS3 died.

The hell is with consoles and patent-based lawsuits.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
madman121 thread banned from this thread(Yes, thread banning is back). If you have nothing useful to say, don't say anything.

As for this news. World gone mad. My 2 cents.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This world has become fully retarded. I can't believe they banned the selling of the PS3 for nothing.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was for a possible patent infringement, and the ban is only for ten days at the moment.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it illegal if its imported from America?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's for 10 days, it shouldn't matter too much. Not to say that it's not unusual. Cunning scheme by Nintendo ^^?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was for a minimum of 10 days.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, even 10 days over the entire Europe is no joke.

Sony gonna make some losses.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought it was for a minimum of 10 days.
This.

Also this sets a bad precedent for world wide sales should LG decide it wants to persue the suit. Sony is going to end up being forced to pay LG a lot of money in the end. Between this and the jailbreak of doom, PS3 is having a very bad quarter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom