Europe to ban sales of PlayStation 3

Force Pit Member
Best answers
And so it began, the war of the corporations. Countries will cease to exist and corporations will be the new dominant force of the world.

Now seriously, if I was LG i'd "surprise" release their very own console tommorow :p (at a very attractive price ofc). Seriously they should do it, and if not they are ******* stupid.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In related news, everyone in the netherlands is getting a free government supplied PS3 for christmas. yay rotterdam!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your not serious, are you?

Oh he is.... He is....

But seriously, I agree. Right now would be the opportunity for LG to release a console with awesome design. Make it a mixture of an Xbox 360 and PS3. It would have a Blue-ray player and a flip up Screen for on the go play and a 8 hour battery.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh he is.... He is....

But seriously, I agree. Right now would be the opportunity for LG to release a console with awesome design. Make it a mixture of an Xbox 360 and PS3. It would have a Blue-ray player and a flip up Screen for on the go play and a 8 hour battery.
I completely disagree with this and feel this would put LG in financial distress.

An extra console thrown in to the mix after everyone has settled in to the 360, Wii, or PS3? Video games are too expensive to make for developers to experiment on a new, untested, unpopular video game console. A portable console is almost obsolete with the iPhone, DS, and soon PSP2 covering the handheld market

It'd EXACTLY go the way of the "N-Gage". It wouldn't be "******* stupid" if they did not develop a console, it'd be a nobrainer.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually, im sure a lot of people would buy it if it they'd sell it in an attractive price. like 75% of an xbox,

PS3 is pricy, xbox is ok but still costs a lot, if another company can really throw a deal people would go at it.

Of course they need to close deals with game devs first.

They (or samsung, a huge company) should join the eigth (or ninth?) generation.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, im sure a lot of people would buy it if it they'd sell it in an attractive price. like 75% of an xbox,

PS3 is pricy, xbox is ok but still costs a lot, if another company can really throw a deal people would go at it.

Of course they need to close deals with game devs first.

They (or samsung, a huge company) should join the eigth (or ninth?) generation.
Its not so easy Deco. Even if they create a new console, its no use if there are no games for it. They will have to supply their own software for companies to create games. More hardware to develop on= More Development time. Having four different hardware for gaming will unbalance the Video Game Market. In the end, no one will end up having a profit, ultimately causing game quality to go down.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LG wouldn't fit in the market nor have a proper target group a this moment for an own console. Both Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are vast companies that pretty much role into the gaming industry, something LG hasn't achieved [yet].

That said, let's hypothetically say that the PS3 is banned from importing indefinitely. Isn't LG basically hanging themselves? PS3's are still major selling machines, and because LG had them banned, won't a lot of importers of PS3 systems get mad at LG (who lose a lot of money on the PS3's)?

Anyway, there should still be a few PS3's lying around in stores in Europe to last for a short while. It's just that they can't be imported right now, and I believe that internet stores are not allowed to sell them (not sure about the last one though).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
If one of those stores will get their hands on a PS3 selling permit, **** is about to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom