EURO 2008 - My prediction

Force Pit Member
Best answers
OK this is my prediction of the results of EURO 2008.

This is the current state

1st half finals game - Germany - Turkey
2nd half finals game - Russia - Spain

ok, for me Germany is a problem, I cant bear when they prove they are good, good discipline, although visually there game isn't too interesting since its less creative and improvised than other European teams.

Germany is in a pretty good state = Turkey isn't much of a challenge, not to insult anyone, but that is true, its pretty obvious in either way Germany is going to win - Goals, Extra time or penalty, unless turkey is gonna get about 3 penalties during the game. (1 won't be enough xD)

Russia is very surprising so im actually thinking of Russia giving a tight battle to Spain with a higher chance for Russia to beat Spain than Spain to be Russia.

Now lets take both cases

Germany - Russia = Russia is gonna give a tight battle with a slight chance to win if Germany is gonna be approximately on about 88%-90% percent of their abilities and determination.

Germany - Spain = Spain is as well surprising and full of talents. today they hardly beat Italy, if you can say they actually didn't beat Italy because it was penalties win and neither of the teams was able to penetrate well enough to do a goal to determine the game and I don't think penalties are gonna determine exactly which team is better.

Still I looked at the formation of Italy and generally Italy as a very strong defense (4-4-2 so its about 8 players of defense) and Spain did got to penetrate a few decent+ attacks to Italy so maybe they will do better against Germany. In addition David Villa wasn't at his best against Italy which means Spain could do better.

Still I think both Spain and Russia has about the same chances of winning which are about 35-45% the Germans are killers, they are worst than robot invasion. (xD)

So final result - Germany with a 65% - 75% effort will take the EURO cup.

What is your prediction or opinion about my prediction? (Reply to this thread to say your prediction or opinion)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
come on !!!! spain!!!!! spain win to italy !!!! como on spain!!!
now spain vs russia and spain already win the last time to russia.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
come on !!!! spain!!!!! spain win to italy !!!! como on spain!!!
now spain vs russia and spain already win the last time to russia.
and spain is gonna lose to germany xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only good football I've seen so far, in the entire tournament, was the Netherlands versus Italy and France. Too bad they're already on their way back.

I'm finding this entire tournament to be ... disappointing. It's not the quality you'd expect from teams at a tournament this big.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, I'm actually for Turkey. Germany will be a very though opponent anyway.

Russia vs Spain will be a great game!

Go Spain Go Spain! :yes:

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I wouldn't put the anyone down anymore because all the teams i was supporting or thought that would win (all of which were favorites in gambling odds) had surprising losses at some time or another.

This whole cup has been crazy i mean the Russian coach who is already honored by south Korea for their 4th place finish in the world cup might just end up getting honorary Russian citizenship aswell. This would have to make up for the fact he probably had his dutch nationality revoked :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not likely. We've always have and always will love him.

Guus Hiddink is probably one of the best coaches in the world. First North Korea, then Australia, now Russia. This guy brings out the best in people.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Not likely. We've always have and always will love him.

Guus Hiddink is probably one of the best coaches in the world. First North Korea, then Australia, now Russia. This guy brings out the best in people.
I don't know i was pretty mad at him for coaching the Russian to beating Holland then again i was betting heavily on Holland taking the whole thing.

He's a good coach i think as good as Luiz Felipe Scolari in my books and i think you mean south Korea the north might not have a football team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Err, yeah, South Korea. My bad. >_>

And I have no problem with him sending us home (I'm Dutch myself). The Russians were a lot more greedy in the game versus the Netherlands and I think Hiddink once more proved himself to be an excellent tactician.

But after the Netherlands' first two group games, I had a little bit of hope for us after all. I remember all the qualifiers, we played like crap in those. The victories on Italy and France were big motivators, but if you start a match with your head in the clouds, against an opponent as motivated and greedy as Russia... I dunno. I think arrogance got the best of us. I saw the Dutch team doing step-overs and hitting the ball with the heel in the 88th minute at a 0-1 score.

The Russians kept cool and deserve their place in the quarter finals.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At this part of the Euro2008 i can't really say who will win, this is what it's so cool about it! Anything can happen. :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Guys its pretty - simple - Germany will win of course.

Look at them, so efficient, so accurate, I think motivated as well.

I'm not sure who will give a better fight though - Russia or Spain.

I actually laughed with my cousin and uncle that Russia will give a better fight against Germany since they are some of the few states that were not afraid of Germany and opposedthem in World War 2 and they will do it again xD it has a point though, thats there mentality.

I'm sorry for any turks that I don't count there team as the one that can beat Germany, I mean lets be real, the best they can do is loss 1-0 or at penalties.

What team is our kiano reeves?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Look at the Netherlands, they were in best shape ever, motivated, accurate, and all of that and they lost to Russia...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I actually laughed with my cousin and uncle that Russia will give a better fight against Germany since they are some of the few states that were not afraid of Germany and opposedthem in World War 2 and they will do it again xD it has a point though, thats there mentality.

I'm sorry for any turks that I don't count there team as the one that can beat Germany, I mean lets be real, the best they can do is loss 1-0 or at penalties.
What team is our kiano reeves?
lol.

You just lost the little bit of credibility you had. Get real.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol.

You just lost the little bit of credibility you had. Get real.
lol, I don't understand, how that happen? :O

Wait so Origin who you think is gonna take the cup?

Theres no way in the world Germany won't take (on paper at least)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ that.

Although I would like to see Russia take it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turkey will probably lose. They had incredible luck the last two games (of course they got the chances because they fought to the end)
but they just haven't enough good men left for this match. They have 14 players left, from whom 3 are goalkeepers.
Their best men are either injured or are not allowed to play. So germany will be in the final match.
If Spain doesn't play as bad against Russia as against Italy then they will win.
So final match Spain v Germany.
But I can't say for sure how that will end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom