euhm... cheating???????WTF

Best answers
I was playing ESF te other day and the next day I couldn't play on servers(I could create one but I can't join one) on my setting stands "Banned for some secure servers becouse of a cheating infraction" :shocked: AND I NEVER CHEATED and even today I can't play ALL my steam games anymore :cry:
PLZ wat can I do I only have ESF 4 2 days :cry:

Best answers
Straight from Valves Website:

If your account has been banned for past cheating violations, VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) has detected that your account used a cheat while connecting to a secure (VAC-enabled) server. Cheats negatively effect everyone's playing experience and we have a zero tolerance policy with regards to use of cheats.

Valve's Anti-Cheat system (VAC) automatically detects programs and other methods used to cheat in Valve's games and does not have any false positives in the system.

We will not un-ban you regardless of the reason. It doesn't matter if someone else used your account, you didn't know what you were doing was wrong, your brother or sister downloaded a cheat you didn't know about, etc.

Use of your Steam account is your responsibility.

VAC may not ban you immediately, the cheating violation may have occurred weeks earlier.

Length of Ban: First time offenders are banned for one (1) year from playing any of Valve's games on secure servers.

What can I do if I get banned?

You can still play single-player games or on non-secure servers through Steam (you can filter the server list in Steam to show "Insecure Servers" only (from the main Steam menu -> Servers -> Anti-Cheat -> "Insecure Only").

If you are going to purchase a new copy of the game, make sure you delete all previous versions of Valve's software prior to doing the install and make sure you get rid of any cheats you've installed (unfortunately, this might even require re-formatting your hard-drive).

If the cheat still exists on your system, your new install will get you banned again.

Best answers
I did not cheat( I hate cheating alot) and I dont have anny software + I don't have sisters or brothers . I am the only one who uses the pc. :cry: and now all my games are gone! do you know how it commes?plz help :shocked:

Best answers
Nash said:
I did not cheat( I hate cheating alot) and I dont have anny software + I don't have sisters or brothers . I am the only one who uses the pc. :cry: and now all my games are gone! do you know how it commes?plz help :shocked:
That is all it says on Valves website they are not sympathetic at all. They are basically saying its your fault you were banned and theres nothing they or you can do about it. You will be banned for 1 year (harsh or what) from when the 'apparent' infrigement took place. The only thing you can do that i know of is play on servers that do not have VAC cheat installed you can still play single-player games or on non-secure servers through Steam (you can filter the server list in Steam to show "Insecure Servers" only (from the main Steam menu -> Servers -> Anti-Cheat -> "Insecure Only").

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats all fine but i dont see a connection between ESF and VAC

ESF uses nonprotected servers only. so why is he banned from those servers to?

Best answers
Grega said:
Thats all fine but i dont see a connection between ESF and VAC

ESF uses nonprotected servers only. so why is he banned from those servers to?
I have no idea, i was just going off what i found out about the banning process from Valves website.

Best answers
THX man I can play again your my new best friend :p lol
steam is the best protected software on the planet AND I HATE IT exept the games ;) they rock :notice:

Best answers
Nash said:
THX man I can play again your my new best friend :p lol
steam is the best protected software on the planet AND I HATE IT exept the games ;) they rock :notice:
I agree, Valve is locked tighter than a drum these days but they do make up for it with some great games plus all the security is done by steam so you cant blame Valve for that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Valva made Steam so you sort of can :p As long as you don't do anything illicit, nothing bad will happen.

Anyway, glad your cheat-free account is working fine now.

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom