Eternal release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just curious if the team has an actual iternal release date set? Now I know people post all the time like when's final coming out??! This is not about that. What people don't understand is mods are pretty much made out of the goodness of people's hearts. They work hard on something on the side for free. Black Mesa has been in the works since 2007. It still hasn't been released yet, that's just the way it is. However it's kinda cool they have this article that says an internal release date is set and the status is on schedule. So I thought it would be cool if esf had that stickied if they thought it was a cool idea.

By the way it's 2 am I can't spell. Can someone fix the spelling on the title please? Lmao

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Long answer: No.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The title is strangely fitting for this thread, if you have ever been on steam chat that is.

Well the thing is, while the team has some form of expectation about when they hopefully will get things done, it is shaky at best. Besides requiring a couple artists for 2D and mapping, they keep testing out new features, both technical and gameplay related.

Besides the fact that Black Mesa actually skipped past their official release date and they actually needed the deadline to restore their user's faith, right now for ESF it would serve no other purpose but to just act as a post with some green highlighting in it.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The title is strangely fitting for this thread, if you have ever been on steam chat that is.
A lot of us actually mess around with the inteam build's name, I'm currently on ESF: Delicious.

There's no set release date, mostly because there's no estimate for when it'll be finished. Plus development yo-yo's depending on complications and the amount of time the devs have.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We actually have an internal release date ^^

We just tend to move it round all the time depending on how progress goes ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
It seems you just keep on adding features and coming up with new ideas with no pre dated, final feature list and there for prolonging the inevitable - the release.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems you just keep on adding features and coming up with new ideas with no pre dated, final feature list and there for prolonging the inevitable - the release.
We have a feature list completed with priority for stuff and so on. The problem is this though. Out of the entire team (and remember this is an estimate) only 2 people use it ^^;

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well when the day comes and it goes public I will be one of the first to dl! I've waited years for counterstrike 2. God only knows when that's coming, but I keep on waiting!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
How can you download it first, if you don't own a copy of half life 1.

Just saying.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Grega said:
We actually have an internal release date ^^

We just tend to move it round all the time depending on how progress goes ^^
Yay for that I hope it's soon enough!

Grega said:
We have a feature list completed with priority for stuff and so on. The problem is this though. Out of the entire team (and remember this is an estimate) only 2 people use it ^^; ^
Can't you make a stickie of that on your invisible dev forum category :p ?

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I'm glad I slapped the taste of stupid out of that mouth. Bro.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Naturphoenix. While I'd like to welcome you aboard on the forums, I advice you not to start picking fights. Especially not when you are a new registered user on the forums . Have respect towards others, and you shall receive the same back. Let this be a kind reminder.

And Heron. If you think someone is breaking the rules, which in this case is having no respect towards someone else then please report the post with the
icon at the bottom left of each post. Same applies to Naturphoenix. Making such replies will only make things worse.

The question of this thread has been answered and the off-topic posts will merely make this thread useless. So I'll add a lock on this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom