ESFTEAM.. Please read this.

Best answers
Hello all..

As you might know is that i am about to start a completely new esf resource site but someone said to me that i need to have primissions to publice the files... i alreaddy have a few primissions but can i also get the primissions for ALL the esf maps, models and everything else what the esf team made..?

Pleae let me know the anwser..
Whatever the anwser will be.. esfstuff will be opent :p

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can mirror the esf files if you like. I can't give you permission to host other people's work though, you'll have to ask them.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so your still content on hosting files regardless of the authors wishes?,

listen, if you want to host a model, ask the author if you can, its simple,

dont be lazy, or greedy, whatever floats your boat, in your race to make your site, if a modeller doesnt want thier models hosted, dont host them, and how do you find out of they want them to be hosted?,..... ASK

(and i do mean the author of the files you are uploading, dont ask people who had nothing to do with the actual physical building of it, like you did here)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah a pm would work fine for this just send them a pm and ask for permission to host it

i doubt anyone would say no if there files already being hosted but u should do it anyway

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll just sue him if he uses any one of my maps without my permission. I'll get any modeler to do the same, just to annoy him.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itd be hard to actually sue him, but itd be very easy to have his isp terminated or his site for that matter,

ive seen it done in the past, for stuff as small as midi files

Best answers
Come on guys! This guy just wants to help other ppl by making an esf resource site.

Greetz

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going along with what tha ssj4goku said, that's pretty mean. He's just trying to help the community, and some people *cough*Optional*cough* just want to sue his ass to be a **** -_- yeah, that's really cool...

Best answers
I have to agreee with Pcjoe, lets all sue Optionals ass for being a mapper because they are just "oh so 1337"

Come on let the little guy have his site, I mean he cant even spell ESF :]

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i aint got a problem with his site,

its him being too lazy to ask permission from the proper people that i have a problem with, he can make the site if he wants but hes gonna need proper permission to upload the files,

im all for the idea of another redsaiyan ish site, however, i am not fo rthe idea of a lazy ass webmaster of it thatpisses on the modellers and mappers in his greedy race to get his site up

Best answers
Ok nuttzy

1. It aint your site.
2. You release your model to the company ( your fault if u dont want it to get out onto a site)
3. No one has to ask you for anything
4. No one gives a **** about what permission they ask u
5. If he has anything he can put ANYTHING on HIS site, if he wants to.
6. You can't put any copyright laws on anything because.
1: Your not selling it.
2. ITS FREE.
3. When i download a model do you think i care who made it? No not really.

Best answers
thank u for sayin that shin i was just about to say somthin similar then i read yours hehe...

but he's right all this bs about permission and **** for hostin i mean common i can understand about if someone wants to edit it...cause u dont want them takin credit for what u did but there's not a damned thing u can do if he does host it without your permission because you arent gettin money for makin these models...and he made this thread for anyone that has models and wouldnt mind them being hosted to let him know so that he doesnt have to track down all the ******s that ***** about this kinda thing..if he can use the models say yes if not tell him no thats what the thread is for...not for u to lecture him on somethin u think should be done

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what I think:

From the Site Owner's point of view:
As long as he isn't trying to make a profit off of it or claiming it as his, what's the big deal?

From the Modeler's point of view:
It's their creation, and they should have the right to have it shown off where they want.

I think they are both right, but as long as the site gives credit where it's due the modeler shouldn't have a conniption fit over it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, the owner of the model should decide on what happens to it, actually.
I say upload the models that are uploaded elsewhere, EXCEPT the models that were only exclusively for that site.
Examples: Nuttzy's Brolly and NeD's Vegetto were for Redsaiyan only.

Things like that, but it is still always nice to ask.

GMan said:
From the Modeler's point of view:
It's their creation, and they should have the right to have it shown off where they want.
*EDIT* and GMan, I second that comment ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, if i had less intelligence than a shoe id flame back,

im all for his site, but im not for his laziness, if he does ask properly theres no problem if he doesnt im against it thats all is aid, i didnt mention my models in particular shin, dont think im just doing this to protect my models

and i can copyright them, or i could just say this,

due to recent actions i am making this statement, all of my models, or any edits of my models are crystalmesh exclusive, at no time, or place are they to be uploaded or linked to elsewhere without my consent, unless i have granted you permission before i made this statement"

simple enough?

i advise any modeller against this to do the same,

as when he uploads your models send a message to NSR and theyll take care of it, by suspending his account, deleting the file themselves,

and shin,

your last statement, is there a way to ban him from the modelling section?, heh

true we dont get any money for this, but we do it anyway. (maybe that should give you an example why we take this seriously), and hes gonna get the credit for these models being n his site, cuz if hes too lazy to get permission i bet hes too lazy to put proper credits as well,

Best answers
o_O and this has to do with this topic how? :eek:
not much servers on steam right now
umm for won just install half-life or cs retail and install it there :eek:
next time u should post a new topic in the help forum o: more responses and ppl not gonna get angry at u for going off topic in their thread
/me is offtopic -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom