ESFSTUFF needs your opinion...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, heres how it goes, what should we do with our esf beta 1.1 files when esf beta 1.2 comes out?

I say we should delete all the fan made files, and only keep the offical files for playtesting the beta, if anyone gets that bored, or wants to check out 1.1.

Mark says he wants the files to stay.

We need your vote. ^.^***

* Note, the only files that will be deleted are the files that wont work with beta 1.2.
* Sounds and Sprites might might not be compatible due to size and filename changes that may occur.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats an easy question, convert them ^_^, get a staff member who knows how to and your set

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, we cant do that... it would be up to the people who made them, ofcourse we would host a model if it was updated.

Best answers
I think that the old models should stay and that every 1.1 user and 1.2 user can download all his files on esfstuff... not only for the newest esf realease but also older ones :)

But well... we will see what the esf forum members want. I THINK that i will follow thair opinion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really think the files shoudl be removed, people think about it, you download a beta 1.1 file on our site, and you put it in 1.2, and ill beat you up, if you ask me how to fix it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah should just delete them things arnt as easy to update in 1.2 with all the bazillions of new animations and its not like anyone ever gonna download stuff for 1.1 when 1.2 is out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There would be no need for them really. Free up some space, get rid of them.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I can understand why deleting the models
but if you do then you shouldnt delete any of the spirites or maps or sound files!
cause why couldnt they be good even for 1.2?
All that those models need is a recompilation according to the new smd files
that the new models thingu thingy thing has in ESF 1.2!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think thats what he ment delete only the model stuff

Best answers
you did... yesterday look at my log

[22:38:09] Sierra Sonic: so that's why I think we should remove 1.1
files after 1.2 coems out
[22:38:35] Mark - Ojea.: maybe the big ones (100 MB files)
[22:38:43] Sierra Sonic: no
[22:38:45] Sierra Sonic: the models
[22:38:46] Sierra Sonic: skins
[22:38:50] Sierra Sonic: everything
[22:38:54] Sierra Sonic: except the offical files

you want to delete EVRYTHING eccept the official 1.1 files.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just keep them on for a few weeks to allow ppl time to get them and convert them, then vape them.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they should be removed only the models when 1.2 is released...Really no need for them since there gonna be incompatable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I didnt mean the maps, or sounds, or sounds. I ment everything that cant be used in 1.2.

Best answers
Galst Vic said:
I think they should be removed only the models when 1.2 is released...Really no need for them since there gonna be incompatable.
I didn`t knew that the 1.1 models can`t be used in 1.2 :O but o well.. i still think that they should stay :p as for the results now.. It stays but lets see what it is in a week or so.

Best answers
ok I think you should remove them when 1.2 comes out because I remember when 1.1 came out everyone seemed to want 1.2. So thats what I voted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say that if you have the space, keep them. You never know what might happen. There may be tournaments involving Beta 1.1 and 1.2, since 1.2 will be quite different from 1.1, and people might need the maps and stuff. So i say keep em

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
supershenlon said:
I say that if you have the space, keep them. You never know what might happen. There may be tournaments involving Beta 1.1 and 1.2, since 1.2 will be quite different from 1.1, and people might need the maps and stuff. So i say keep em
Maps wont be deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom