ESF's Popularity

Best answers
I just had a huge ass party yesterday ( like 30 friends) and I showed them ESF they all loved it sooo much and asked me how to download it. They all said it was the best Dragon BallZ game they ever played even if it is a mod.They also said its the only good Dragon BallZ game they've played (said others were crap) Im assuming when 1.3 comes out you will have a lot more downloaders

Best answers
ESF is the best and one of the only online versions of dragon ball z games, True DBZ fans like myself would have killed to be able to play as Goku, Vegeta or Gohan and blow up some DBZ super villians.... Thats why its so popular, cant wait for 1.3

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf isnt nearly as popular as it used to be.

Best answers
yea i know, but as soon as 1.3 gets released the number of downloads will be amazing, and we will need alot more servers i think,

Best answers
yeah esf is the best and only online dbz game with 1.3 coming out its popularity will probably go through the roof

dor

Best answers
esf is the best dbz game ever ..even more then bodukai .
and where i leave is very popular game ..

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silent_Bob said:
Yeh I've heard this before, what happened to cause the downfall, so to speak?
I think its was 1.2's advanced melee. Most of the old community don't seem to like it. Being a new generation ESF player. I kinda like advanced melee. Sometimes against a decent player its slow and boring, thats when I resort to other methods. From what I heard thats what 'caused the downfall' so to speak.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new melee actually drew in a lot more people, most of the older vet's of 1.0-1.1 don't like it, becuase the game involves more strategy now, and aren't as good as they used to be. The reason ESF's popularity has died down, is becuase there are like 3 servers that don't crash in 1.2.1. Mine being one of them, but it's a private server, so the only time it's open is when I'm on it and want to get some people in. It was why I was considering making it an open server, but I just don't have the extra cash, and now with the good news about the crash, I won't have to.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not only the new melee system, but also steam, thats why i dont play esf anymore, its not that i dont want to play it, but steam doesnt work for me, as soon as i startup, i come in the steam menu and everything freezes =\

Best answers
I think the main reason to why there are less players are because alot of people got over dragon ball Z after the show finished.

Best answers
after the show finished, lol thats a good one...
here they never even showed one episode after the cell games...
anyway, the main reasons of esf being not so popular anymore with the older players is:
1) steam
2) the melee system now only involves arrow pressing so even a newb might be able to beat a *ahem* "pro"
3) they got over dbz
4) they found a better game (you wish)

Best answers
Im from the 1.0 days and i can tell you i don't like the melee at all because it feels so much slower then 1.0 and its basicly nothing but arrow pressing to me. And yes i did find other games i find 10 times better then 1.2.

Best answers
Crash bug and lack of good servers drew me out. Also a lack of skillful players.

But i'm back. :)

Best answers
I'm back now, but I left for ages mainly due to the fact nothing was happening. Mods work slowly as they dont get payed and are just doing it for fun. I think the fact 1.3 contains soooooooooooo much new material is really gonna get peoples attention again.

Best answers
esf insnt a big community in general if u gonna compare it to other mods , the main thing that makes the community is the love of the dbz series , and the fact that it has such good gameplay alot of people complain about 1.2 adv melee and other **** like that , but i think they did good with the mod , i just hope 1.3 comes out soon *fingers crossed *

Best answers
I think the fact people use advanced melee far too much in online play makes the game less fun.

Best answers
yeah perhaps, i have lost intrest in esf as it got a bit repetive especially as i haave mastered advanced melee

a think an early rebirth might begin when EVM 2.0 comes out, that'll be why there has been some dowenfall 1.2 not compatible with eea and evm and they had fans that didnt come for 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom