ESFLeague (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ESF LEAGUE)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since it wasn't mentioned at all, is scripting allowed?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not, but to my knowledge there's no way to actually prove someone scripts so it's really the honor system.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I would really hope not...P.S I didn't know people didn't like him...Or if that was a joke to begin with. I'm used to people hating me...They probably still do ::cries::

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not, but to my knowledge there's no way to actually prove someone scripts so it's really the honor system.
Wasn't there a command or something in the console that could be used at the end of a match to see if scripts were used? It'd just be a matter of enforcing that as a rule, if it actually worked.

@Saru: Not liking you does not negate you being better at the game.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Doesn't one of the servers run a script to check to see if a person is. I know an Argentinian guy jumped onto a Dallas server and it flashed all over my screen about it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, but someone said use something like alias (i can't remember the command), and it'd just list key commands in that person's console.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scripts are usually made with the command "alias <arguments>". Writing "alias" in the console shows all the associated commands scripts. So all it takes is ask players to make a screenshot of their console after writing alias (or installing a plugin which does that for them).
There may be some script-like things that can be done without the use of that command, though. I believe the swoop script is one of them.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do we have a plugin which records the alias information for everyone in a server? I don't know pawn, so this might not be possible, but maybe something like

A user types /ScriptTest
The alias command would automatically be run, outputting the results on a .txt file on the server. It'd actually be cool if the results were automatically emailed somewhere, but I suspect that's not possible.

edit: If alias doesn't work for the swoop script, I don't think this is worth doing. I'm under the impression that the swoop script is the most common, and probably one of the worst scripts out there.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a way. Didn't chatlogs used to get saved automatically by admins without actually physically copying and pasting them?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The server cannot retrieve the data from the player's console, so the player has to show the screenshot manually. The plugin can just save the trouble of opening the console, writing in "alias" and "snapshot".

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Side note question. About your rules*. They must be even for everyone correct?

Example: Sub = champion Saru = Challenger

Okay rules?

Sub must be Krillin and can only use solar flare
Saru can use anything

I'm assuming you are meaning the universal rules....aka Old US or EU rules?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rule must apply to both players.

IE: No melee, only beams is fine as long as it applies to both Saru and Sub

No melee and only beams is not fine if it applies to only Saru or only Sub.

The rules can really be whatever you want, as long as it applies to both players. I'm thinking we might need a time limit to prevent people from doing something like "Only kiblasts!"

I'm going to rewrite all the rules later to make it more clear, that was just a quick thing to get the ball rolling.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
K just seems a bit weird. Didn't mean to try and sound absurd but wanted to see what the actual rules would be

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reasoning behind it is that we wanted to give the challenging player some sort of advantage.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The reasoning behind it is that we wanted to give the challenging player some sort of advantage.
Right!

Anyways, I was MIA this weekend but I rarely check this. So far lined up against me is Kami, If I win then Saru and I guess Revan after that. Either way, I dont check the forums often so find me in game maybe?

Edit---------------------

So kami won! yay congrats hes the champ now

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is an alternative to alias anyhow. Though thats a tad more roundabout.

I used that when i was playing with 15 or so fake nicks (and i doubt im the only one who thought of that). It involves creating config files, and i doubt its detectable in any way shape or form unless you get the execute command displayed on the admin console somehow.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
NOOO LOKI....YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE....okay then...must find Kami soon

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Kami lost to Saru.
Then Saru lost to Kami.
Then Kami lost to Saru.

Saru is the current champion.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So am as far as updating...how are we doing this. I've kinda defended the belt a bunch of times now...havn't updated here. :-\ Have had witness though for all of them. We still doing 15? Loki said something about the Belt being 10. I have ten as of right now after beating Loki and Reading Rainbow.

currently defended against

Revan
Loki
Fatal
[1]
Reading Rainbow
Werty
Fatal again
[1] Again
Loki Again
Loki Asked for a rematch (does that count)
Quebaz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom