ESFLeague (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ESF LEAGUE)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its been almost 5 years since the last annual Earth's Special Forces tournament, the 7,496th. Based on that tournaments overwhelming success, we've decided to start our own league for everyone to enjoy.

The website is coming soon, but we're planning on calling it ESFLeague(™).

This new website looks better but is more powerful. At the moment we have planned two separate regions for players to participate in, Europe and America.

More will come later on.

-----
CURRENT CHAMPION: Sarutobi Sensi
Number of successful defends: 0

See this post for an explanation of the champion system

Last edited:
The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Oh sick! If Sub is hosting this tournament, it'll definitely be a success. Can't wait for the powerful site!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While reading this thread, I felt an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. Somehow.....I felt as if I had returned to a better time, a different era, where ESF players fought together not out of petty regional hatred, but out of love for the game. It reminded me of a time when people were dedicated to their craft, seeking to forever find and surpass their limits, to ultimately beat the best in order to be the best.

Is the ESFLeague(™) (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH ESF LEAGUE) what both the forum and ingame community have desired for time immemorial? I don't know why, but it is in my heart to believe this to be the case.

My sword is yours, for only the one who brought together the community for the only tournament worth talking about can reignite the flame within our collective heart. Godspeed, Sub. And may The Nix cast her light on you forever more.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
This is awesome and I can't believe no one has thought of this yet! I might come back just for this, even though I'm bad at the game.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I might participate; although I'm quite awful at the game. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehrmahgerd I need to start practicing!

Seriously though I haven't played ESF in years, would be super fun.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
7,497th ended in the fashion of a DBZ Tournament should. No one wins because they left.

Here's to a good league, Sub!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So here's the story. The website is still being developed, but in the meantime we've launched a reigning champion system.

• There's one reigning champion
  • This champion can be challenged to a 1 v 1 by anyone playing the game
  • If the champion loses, the challenger becomes the new champion
  • If the champion turns down the challenge, it's an automatic forfeit. The catch is that you're only allowed one challenge per day, after that it's the champions choice on whether or not he wants to play you again
  • The challenger is the one who decides what rules to use
  • The defender gets to choose what map to play on
  • If the champion defends his belt 15 times in a row, he gets what we're calling a Golden Belt, and is now unable to participate in this system for some time. The champion belt is passed on to someone else (method of determining who gets the belt at this point is still being decided)
  • If someone earns a Golden Belt, they're forbidden from playing in this system until either the champion belt passes through 3 different people, or someone defends the champion belt 10 times in a row.
  • You can accumulate Golden Belt's, so you'd be able to say Saru is a 3 time Golden Belt holder
  • If you're the reigning champion, you're required to report your wins either to me or in this thread.
  • The champion is required to wear a tag ingame to let everyone know that he is the current champion.
  • The tag/belt would look something like this: [8==--D], and it'd go either before or after the person's name
  • Each = in the belt represents 5 successful defends. Each - in the belt represents 1 successful defend. The defends don't stack, so if you have 5 defends, and then you lose the belt, and then you later gain it again, you start back at 0 successful defends.
  • Because we're testing the system out, it's limited to North America at the moment
  • These rules are all subject to change at a moments notice

Considering I was the winner by default of the last ESF tournament we held, I was the reigning champion. Loki beat me in a match tonight with a score of 10 - 8, and then he forfeited the belt to Fatal, who then lost the belt to me, who then lost the belt to Loki. I then challenged Loki again, and he again won, so Loki is the current reigning champion with one successful defend. You all with me?

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
so... i can get something if i win against loki? seems good enough
let me know when u can fight with me Loki

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not 100% sure since I haven't spoken to either one yet, but apparently Loki fought Saru (Twigsnapper on this forum) and Saru won. So it looks like you're going to have to beat Saru, Revan. When it's done the website should have a section which displays who the current belt holder is, how many defends they have, etc.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm not 100% sure since I haven't spoken to either one yet, but apparently Loki fought Saru (Twigsnapper on this forum) and Saru won. So it looks like you're going to have to beat Saru, Revan. When it's done the website should have a section which displays who the current belt holder is, how many defends they have, etc.
apparently... they haven't duel
because Saru told me -Go beat loki so you can have title of "Subs esf league champion"
i know is Twigsnapper here, so i dunno exactly why he told me but well... he did it
who knows

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's saying you ordered him to challenge Loki to the title so that he may acquire the digital champion's belt, and call himself the Champion of Sub's ESF League, metaphorically throwing sand in Sub's face.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
oh I read that wrong as -GO as a person. I said that jokingly since Someone told me I'm not allowed to beat loki...I forgot who it was but said I wasn't allowed to play (jokingly). ::Shrug:: but how would it be throwing sand in his face?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one likes Revan, so having him be champion instead of you, due to you choosing not to be the one to beat Loki, would be a slap in the face considering everyone knows you're the bees knees at ESF. A champion in title only has no place wearing the belt.

Best answers
be sure to call revan a script when you see him, i'd love to record a match between Revan the Script and Twig "lost a buncha weight" Saru

--- edit ---

be sure to call revan a script when you see him, i'd love to record a match between Revan the Script and Twig "lost a buncha weight" Saru

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, seriously guys, lets not insult Revan or talk about who scripts and who doesn't here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom