ESFL (Earth Special Forces League)

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I pretty much gathered that about the divisions of skill on my own, my writing didn't have much to do with you, in fact my whole thing was I thought divisions were important, my points were contesting points from others that because there are only how many super hyper elite players that you could only have so many players, and I said I don't agree with that.

My other point was you need to talk to the server guys about this if you are serious and I have seen it now myself ( I am TREX), and I have started to show the other guys about it.

Making a steam group would be a an important thing to do but I manage a lot of things as it is, I could help for sure but my main role is in the actual game with the servers and players.
Ah yeah I see your point now.
Sometimes I need to read it twice hahaha.

As for steam groups yeah that could be indeed helpfull.
I will work on that part asap.

Less talking and more creating Leagues. kaythnxbai
We are busy with it Spidey.
Hope we can finish the last bits of stuff then everyone can start to sign up.

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have like 500 players in my Server's rank list. Server opened like month ago.
<<<< OLD QUOTE HAD TO BE DONE >>>>>

Of which 90% are nonsteam

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
He posted 503 STEAM IDs though ^^
that doesn't mean they are valid steam id's
a bunch of "non-steam" dll's/binary files allow for random steam id generation based on the users IP address

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Example
STEAM_0:0:213356 "Penis in your butt" 217 92
STEAM_0
:1:259695 "Penis in your butt" 245 120

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Triple X posted
<3

ontopic: steam hacks are easy to do... and u get all games and u can play them online... i used one too before buying hl1 ^.^

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
that doesn't mean they are valid steam id's
a bunch of "non-steam" dll's/binary files allow for random steam id generation based on the users IP address
Yes. But in my server players with such thing are marked as non-Steam (STEAM_ID_LAN).

Example
STEAM_0:0:213356 "Penis in your butt" 217 92
STEAM_0
:1:259695 "Penis in your butt" 245 120
Possibly my Rank plugin screwed that up. Had such issues in earlier versions of it.

I've updated my server and restarted the Rank BTW.

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Triple X posted http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/028/c/b/cb21eda885b4cc6ee3f549a417770596.png <3

ontopic: steam hacks are easy to do... and u get all games and u can play them online... i used one too before buying hl1 ^.^
Question: what makes you think thats ontopic.?

Thread: "ESFL (Earth Special Forces League)" :p

As for steam hacks and stuff like that if it happens it happens.
Dont think anyone can stop that because they always find a way arround security, login accounts and more stuff like that.
As far I know from last version of ESF you going to need steam for sure.
ESFL will be based on ESF:Final.

We have a bit of news on that as well.
ESFL will wait for final release.
And if there is a small selected group out here that would like to have a tourny on esf1.2.3 then they can contact me by sending a pm or make a reply here.
If there are 8 players or more I can set something up for you players.
But we dont have servers running at this moment so you have to be sure you got one.
Unless someone wants to support a deticated server.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yes. But in my server players with such thing are marked as non-Steam (STEAM_ID_LAN).

Possibly my Rank plugin screwed that up. Had such issues in earlier versions of it.

I've updated my server and restarted the Rank BTW.
That still proves my point in having 90% non-steamers

that, and the two of the same names are normal, they are two different accounts

edit: besides that, according to a few regular players, most non-steamers still get a steamid on your server
as it seems, your point is partially valid

PS. we should stop talking about haxx in this thread, this is really getting offtopic now

edit2: didnt we have a league before, which didnt go as planned due to people hacking?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That still proves my point in having 90% non-steamers

that, and the two of the same names are normal, they are two different accounts

edit: besides that, according to a few regular players, most non-steamers still get a steamid on your server
as it seems, your point is partially valid

PS. we should stop talking about haxx in this thread, this is really getting offtopic now

edit2: didnt we have a league before, which didnt go as planned due to people hacking?
No. We had 2 leagues before that died out cause people didnt bother to participate.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
No. We had 2 leagues before that died out cause people didnt bother to participate.
must've been mistaken with another league then, my bad

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
There were leagues before, and they did die out due to hacking/exploits/scripts which lead to a lack of participation.

But, Hey. I'm down for the cause. I've always liked the idea of a league, I thought it would encourage more people to stick around due to a ladder system, or a pride thing, ya know? If you can get people to be willing to participate and then on top of that servers to have games at, that would be cool.

The whole segregating thing between Eu and US/NA is fine and dandy, because lets face only east coasters and London folk cross the pond with >100 ping.

Lastly, IMHO, with the organizational skills you are approaching this situation you seem to be familiar with at least some basic game play, how would you handle exploit/script usage and do you plan on having this league ran by a program, or governed by 'referees?' The problem with leagues in ESF have always revolved around availability of all the parties involved.. Just sayin.

Well good luck with your future endeavors.

LoKi

O wow I just realized this was pretty old. Hope this is still in the works

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well hopefully we should have something within the game itself to help this. Force Pitters should know what im talking about ^^

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There were leagues before, and they did die out due to hacking/exploits/scripts which lead to a lack of participation.

But, Hey. I'm down for the cause. I've always liked the idea of a league, I thought it would encourage more people to stick around due to a ladder system, or a pride thing, ya know? If you can get people to be willing to participate and then on top of that servers to have games at, that would be cool.

The whole segregating thing between Eu and US/NA is fine and dandy, because lets face only east coasters and London folk cross the pond with >100 ping.

Lastly, IMHO, with the organizational skills you are approaching this situation you seem to be familiar with at least some basic game play, how would you handle exploit/script usage and do you plan on having this league ran by a program, or governed by 'referees?' The problem with leagues in ESF have always revolved around availability of all the parties involved.. Just sayin.

Well good luck with your future endeavors.

LoKi

O wow I just realized this was pretty old. Hope this is still in the works
Yeah I am still working on things here and there.
Its has been decided it will be up at the moment that ESF: Final will be released.

This league is for everyone since you can choose for 1 on 1 battles as well.
So people with less time can play in this league to.

As for haxed accounts well on our page you need an steam id before your legal to play in this league.
I also think that you need a official steam id to run ESF: Final but thats something only the ESF team can say for sure.
I have more ideas about this but going to need some help and will contact the right persons in time for this.

Only thing I can say more is that we going to do our best to make it as good as possible and hope a lot of people will have fun in this league.

Well hopefully we should have something within the game itself to help this. Force Pitters should know what im talking about ^^
Ah have no idea what you talking about :p
Maybe you can explain hehehehe.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
C'mon, make a 1.2.3 tournament.

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
C'mon, make a 1.2.3 tournament.
I would like to but for something like that you need players.
And so far I have no idea how many are intrested in playing in the on the old version.
If we have arround 16 or more then its worth to set something up.

I asked before in the early posts but much other stuff came to the attention.
So I will ask again are there any people intrested in a tournament on the old ESF1.2.3 release??
Say yes 4 1.2.3 and make an account on www.esforces-league.com.
When we have 16 or more we can set up this tourny.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
HELL YEAH WE DO ITS GONNA BE BANGIN!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom