ESFGL

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ya shoud use the first forumla! so if a high level beats an unexperienced player, not much rating is gained, if any! it makes sense! if you beat a leet, then you get a shizload!

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
its a really cool idea to implement such a ranking system! (thnx for showing me that ;) ) i think it would fit good in the upcomming features that ive planned :)
ill talk to my "php coding slave" :) if he can implement a system like that :)

Best answers
Signed up and fighting for my proud sweden!, When will this be?

Best answers
ESFGL v2.0b © 2003 by DJ-Ready & TopManiac , based on WebLeague by Peter Hendrix
Here's an idea, change it to some how say "ESFGL Website created, run, and mainted by DJ-Ready & TopManiac. WebLeague Script BY Peter Hendrix"

And of course provide a link to WebLeague website and link Peter Hendrix to Illbebacks email.

Because, you see, you did not do the league, you simply did the website.

-edit-
You also removed the copyright information on Illbebacks script, which is a big no no when it comes to credit in the world of FREE Scripting. As a part of the WebLeague community, I take great insult when people do this.

That would be like Greg taking this vBulletin Board and changing what it says on the bottom from :
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.0 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
to something like:
Powered by: ESForcesvB Version 3.0.0 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2003, Greg, CEO Oktagone, based on vBulletin Board.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
well ... the current footer is:
ESFGL v2.0b © 2003 by DJ-Ready & TopManiac , based on WebLeague by Peter Hendrix
and the names are email links ...
so i actually give credit to illbeback, who is peter hendrix. i have no intention to calm webleague as my own since i really like free stuff and open source projects....
but maybe some ppl misunderstand the given credit so ill change the footer tomorrow.

Best answers
congrats you know how to rip! stole it from a thing called web league, and didnt give any credit and said they made it themselves.

imo, this is unacceptable

**cookster beat me to it!**

i swear why do people steal scripts... i just wanna smack em with a bomb

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
i gave credit! the footer says that its based on WebLeague and there is the email link to the creator of it! its maybe not explicit enough and thats why i will change the footer! so dont say i rip something couse i never used to!

Best answers
sonic834 said:
congrats you know how to rip! stole it from a thing called web league, and didnt give any credit and said they made it themselves.

imo, this is unacceptable

**cookster beat me to it!**

i swear why do people steal scripts... i just wanna smack em with a bomb
Yes, he did give credit, but it was minor. And my point is, whenver a script is released for free, there is always one desire, and that is proper credit. The way his was stated made it seem like the league was primarily made by DJ, which it wasn't. I asked him to change it and he said yes, so read a little more carefully.

And if you do change the copyright, always, always, always give the necessary credit with proper links, never try to hide something like that.

Also DJ, if you do have a PHP Monkey to do your work, tell him to look through the code before you add some of the pre-made scripts. They have lots and lots of loop holes and can lead to MySQL flooding.

Or wait for me to release WebLeague V2.0, but that will come out after EL and could take a while.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
ok... lets stop complaining about that now... i will change the copyright in the footer so everyone can see that i use webleague as core. and i say it again, i had no intention to calm webleague as my own!
if i wanted to steal it, i wouldnt had posted the link in the webleague forums!

Best answers
someone showed me some other ESFGL site, and it had web league also, with no credit. the layout was red i think

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
there was credit, too but it was in a dark font color nearly as dark as the bg color >_<
© by DJ-Ready 2003, based on WebLeague by Peter Hendrix
and now stop complaining about it and wait till i change the footer tomorrow

Best answers
i like the idea i signed up :D only prob is i need to get a good comp by the time they have a tourny up.. cause me and my 8 fps of esf isnt a really good condition to fight in...oh well such is the life on a p.o.s. comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom