ESFGL

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Hey, a few days ago i made a thread where i asked, if you would play in a league if a league would exist. most of you said that they would play and that its a good idea to have an esf league. i have been workin on this quite a few weeks now but never opened it... but now i fixed the last bugs (that ive known of ^__^) and did some other stuff on it...
ok, if you want to play esf in a league now... this is your chance. head over to http://www.esfgl.de.tt/ and register to the ESFGL

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I read your rules and noticed that you don't have much of a point system set up. Think of it this way. Someone good beats the crap out of someone bad for a long time and gets tons of points where other people are having good matches. A rating system closer to that of chess would work a lot better because someone who is rated really good doesn't get crap for points for beating somone who kind of sucks.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
like if you beat a good player you get more points then by beating a bad player? no, that idea is bad... becouse of the good players would gain points much faster then the players who are not so good or joined later .... so the new players wouldnt have a chancee to get in the top 10 or so since they need alot more matches to get such a ammount of points then the "already" good players...

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You've never played chess... say i have a rating of 1000 and i win against someone with 1800 i get like 200 points. Now say I have a rating of 1600 and i win against someone with 1800 i only get like 20. The points you earn are according to the gap inbetween skill.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
well .. i played chess but never with points ^^
k, then how should i add that to the league? gimme a formula for it so i could add it ... :)
maybe you should contact me on msn/aim/icq so we can talk about it... sice the idea sounds really interesting :)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
does it matter much? the people who are better will win and get points! thats all that matters!

Best answers
I honestly stopped reading after this part:
Another very important thing... the rules for each game. Since we have 1 ON 1 fights, the two players decide the rules (Examples: Melee ON/OFF, Disks YES/NO, ...)
If you're going to make a league, stop being a little baby. It's just like banning AWPS from matches in the CAL league for Counter-Strike. Please, don't make this another "n00b" league like the others, where they ban discs, melee, Buu, etc.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
well... you maybe shouldnt stop reading... go back and read the next sentence. :p
if not... go away... noone forces you to join.

Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
well... you maybe shouldnt stop reading... go back and read the next sentence. :p
if not... go away... noone forces you to join.
I have no intention of joining a league full of little babies that can't handle the game.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
heh ... your the one acting like a baby here... and anyways ... why shouldnt noobs join eh? everyone here started as a noob and everyone deserves a chance. if you wont play there its ok, but dont bother ppl with your stupid comments. maye it was a stupid idea to start the ESFGL .. but noone knows that at this point. and aslong as ppl have fun on plaing in tournaments, they can play in the ESFGL

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
NTK.neo, he has it to where the other specs set the rules, in fact, he isn't being a baby, and you have no right to call him a baby otherwise.

The rules are fine, always good to have everyone cook up their own rules they wanna live by :D
I give you props on it bud :D

Best answers
ugh you stole my whole idea right from me thats not nice man, you stole the name i was going to use to that is not cool :[

Best answers
Why dont the two of you join together to help each other make the league ?

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Kozak, you dont need to post it here and in the ESFGL forums (actually in the general section of the S2k mapping squad...)
anyways.. here is my answer
pah ... the ESFGL has been around since about 4 weeks now! also, actually you stole my idea... there never was talking about leagues n stuff for month now ... then i came up with the esfgl idea, made a thread to see who would play and u came up with a league idea ... so who stole ideas here now eh? but i dont mind. im not mad at you if you want to start your own esf league if you want, you could even help me with the ESFGL since im looking for some ppl to help ... depends on what you can do

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll see if I can find the actual formula they use to decide on the points system. Won't be until later this weekend though because I'm going to be that damn busy. Last post for this weekend so everyone have a good one.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that the 1v1 allows both players to decide what rules there are is a great idea.. so banning of the discs doesnt have to happen neo.. if you understood what you read.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
This thing is kick ass all that is i mean esf world it is alll good and this I hope will be like the EL (like a replacememnt if it never comes o_o ). I tip my hat to you DJ.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
well .. i consider myself as a dedicated esf fan, even if i dont play esf online (stupid proxy) ... i just thought it would be a good idea to have a esf league :) and i hope much ppl will play in it :)
also, im trying to add some features atm ... but im not so good at php so i asked some friends to help me ^^
oh.. and i just added the tournaments section :)

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds liek a good idea put proper rules and judging must be used to make it a fair and useful league.

BrunO

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
I just improved the core code, added some small things running in the background and made a complete new layout since the old one wasnt that good... anyways, here it is... http://www.esfgl.de.tt/
make sure you register there ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom