esf_zelda_kakariko WIP

Best answers
i finally know how to work with clipping tool so i'm making a zelda map like i said before... it's now kakariko and if i'm finished wtih that i'm going to make zora's domain and then kokiri and if i know how to make a gate for lon lon ranch.. but if i know i'll make lon lon ranch too and of course hyrule castle so.. just wait ;) :yes:
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/esf_zelda_kakariko.jpg
screenshot1... it's not good yet but i need screenshots from the game

Best answers
not yet... but it's the beginning...i already said i don't have enough screens from kakariko and it's still WIP

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'd do well to learn to use vertex manipulation before really making a map like that. Things don't look so great when there's a perfect 90 degree intersection between walls and the ground undless it's something like the well or a house which is supposed to.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i did learn with clipping tool and i'm busy with the whole map houses will come at the end... however i made a house but i'm looking for a good texture for the roof.. i use esf.wad and halflife.wad ... and the well is coming too yeah.. i'll give some more pics later:)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing to crit about yet, look's good so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The textures are very stretched and the shapes are really basic, as Karrde said, learn V-Manipulation with Triangles (use the MEGA Mapping Sticky).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you could better ask the wad's first before making it, prepare beter before you do anything.
you can ask it now, say what you nead and maybe someone want's to make the wad's for you.
but as far as i seen, it's ok.

Best answers
map is WIP so if i made a skybox i'm still not finished<--to goku_ssj_uk
and shadow ... i heard from different people that i should use clipping tool because VM gives to much errors and i'm not good with it yet ..but i'll learn once
and niobe ... i asked for kirby and zeldawads before but nobody said something else than : make them by yourself.. so i think i have to do it all by myself

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurachi, i told you. Do not use V manipulation yet, learn how to use clipping first. I also told you, (if you do use v manipulation), how to prevent these errors. Get rid of those stretched textures by selecting everything, go to your texture tool and select the "to world" thing. This will fix all of the the stretched textures.

Best answers
thanks cold steel.. for that "to world" thing.... now i only need some screenshots from ocarina of time kakariko and then i'll be able to make it better
i can make them by myself but if someone wants to help me i should be nice :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't you have that alreddy.
i saw a lot of screens in you're pc and they are inough to improvise with.

Best answers
to niobe: i've many screens but just 4 of the entrance of kakariko the rest is from other places which i'm gonna make too
ontopic: i'm further and i'm busy with it every day.. so wait and i'll show you more pics

Best answers
good news .. i have updates..
before comments and crits i have to say: these screens are just for the form of kakariko the textures are better later.... here they are:
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/kakariko1.jpg
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/kakariko2.jpg
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/kakariko3.jpg
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/kakariko4.jpg
well... how do you like the form? it's not finished as i said.. but it's a beginning... i also used clipping tool a few times... updates later:]
well.... nobody is interested .... so maybe i should make those map packs for friend and myself....too bad :(

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
id like that map. it looks good. The houses need a little more texture on them. Like maybe some windows, and some different shades of a color on the houses.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its coming along slowly but its getting better. just keep working on it. and post more updates. no one will be interested if you dont update or post. and make things more rounded off. not so boxy. unless its supposed to be like that. add more textures. and make it more detailed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice, do you need some refs? if so just ask, its lookin nice, are you gonna do the grave yard?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he sad not to make one but he is going to make a tunnel where you can fall down and be in a secret place(like in oot)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom