esf_riverside, made by me!

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Damn, that actually looks awesome. All maps that gets created lately looks just so sweet. Keep up with the great work man, you're so making me jealous >_<

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Lovely

I love it
most the last 1
the colors are pretty good
gj gj :D
by teh way i want to make 2
can you guys tell me the progs needet ?

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
do i need turtorials ?

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Ar$enovicius said:
do i need turtorials ?
You don't really need them, no. But i bet if you wouldn't use them, you'll get stuck pretty easily and rather fast as well. The turorials are in the Mapping section. (Sticky threads), or google for them.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ok thanks a lot man..cuz i wanna starting make maps ( exept esf :D)

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers

Thanks all, but I can't get the freakin textures right, I wanna shoot myself or something, I HATE TEXTURES ARGH!!!! *Runs away and cries in corner*, nah i'm just kidding, but I never let those textures come right out and yeah cold, there are actually more vertex errors than what you can see, it's always that when I keep a map to long in the making they get problems, look at my other beach tourny map, those freakin trees that were black and the rocks, I still have that problem.... :(

I'll edit this post maybe for an update in a few minutes with some extra pics with a new feature for my NIGHT map, I'm still stuck with ideas for my day map.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Kewl clouds. Do they move?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
not bad.. i'd suggest after making a brush vertex manipulate it to make sure it snaps on the grid.. also for the models being black, make sure the origin is not under ground, or you have to play with the lighting settings with the pitch, yaw, and roll to make sure light is hitting it.. you can do a fast compile with vis and rad to check if your lighting is good

CB

Best answers
nice map great work i like the textures and keep on working on it it's gona turn great ;) if you hang on on it

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanx for everything, well today I was tired of finishing my river day version(yes river_night is finished), so I decided to finally get of my lazy a$$ and make a map using my own textues or just modded ones...so...*drum roll*...introducing, esf_orangevalley:

The fastest map I've ever made in my whole life that actually worked! It's actually finished, but I want to fix textures here and there or something, so post some suggestions or c & c

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
not bad, that rock texture has that weird black line there =o pretty nice, something different, but i dont think i'd enjoy fighting there because that color hurts my eyes >_<

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, yeah, that black is at the under side of the texture, planning on changing that, I jsut made it for fun, just to look what I can do in a short period of time, and it also hurts my eyes, just set the brightness lower, lol

I'll release it maybe tomorrow and an update for my river map.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for double post, but I've uploaded river maps and my orangevalley map in a map pack, I uploaded it to esf-world(yeah...lol) and esf-zone so that atleast one of them will have them available soon, well I'll post a link when they get uploaded. ;)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
How about some pics :p

And GJ on finishing them :p

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, thx very much, but for some reason, in my cliff there is sometimes a hole and ALWAYS an extra spike sticking out of one of the small hills, but when I look at it in hammer it's perfect with no errors, do you guys maybe know what the problem could be so that I can avoid this in the future? Well here are some final pics of my maps, 3 of river_night and river_day(each) and one of my orangevalley map, sorry for bad texture allignment in orangevalley, I'm still experimenting before I switch over to grega's way of mapping(make terrain fit on texture:b):

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool me VS Raistlin XD

Anyhow the spike/missing face error sounds like a problem with vertex manipulation. You can find those by making hammer check the errors and than just let hammer fix all. If it deforms the terrain than it was an error with vertex manipulation and you should try to fix it by making the brush difrent.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I find no errors at all in hammer and it's very basic(the hills and all), with just the one corner tilted up a bit, but in-game it's extra long pointing out part...oh adn remember for my night map, juat make your screen a bit lighter, I forgot to make the lighting lighter, it's a bit dark, hehe.

But I'm still waiting for esf zone or esf world to put it on their site ready to download! -_-

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Yeah, I find no errors at all in hammer and it's very basic(the hills and all), with just the one corner tilted up a bit, but in-game it's extra long pointing out part...oh adn remember for my night map, juat make your screen a bit lighter, I forgot to make the lighting lighter, it's a bit dark, hehe.

But I'm still waiting for esf zone or esf world to put it on their site ready to download! -_-
Well ESF world is hinda with out people to update it ^^

Dunno about ESF Zone ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom