esf_riverside, made by me!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i'm tired of having problems with all my maps and I have no energy to try and fix my other map, so I decded to make another map this afternoon, well my map is called esf_river and it's just a hill with a river and some stuff. Oh, don't get me wrong, I will release my other map(beach_tourny), but not now, only when I can fix it or something else.

here's the pics:

Well I hope I get a positive output on this, but i'm gonna add a few other extra stuff, that's just how it is now(WIP)! :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a texture error on pic 2 right from Goku and a bit up.

Other than that its a great start :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pretty cool, but wheres the river? (RIVERside) ? =o

ahah well maybe you'll put it later, but i'd suggest adding more tree models

Best answers
First picture.. doesn't it seem flat near the skybox? that never makes me happy.
all games should really prevent access to touch the skybox, but that is almost impossible in a game like ESF. But still it seems so unnatural to be whacked into an environmental map =/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems you have a few more hills to climb before it looks better than the official ESF_RiverSide.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, yeah, that's true, oh and Imkongkong, there's a river, but you just can't see it yet, it looks a bit....weird, but I'm gonna make it better, and yeah I will add more trees and stuff.

Oh and Raistlin, I've got you covered, I'm making the terrain a bit more bumpy and stuff.

Oh and guys remember it's still a WIP, lol, I made that in an hour, that's why it's like that, and as you all know, i'm not excactly a great mapper, well not now, maybe in a few months or so...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
pretty cool, but wheres the river? (RIVERside) ? =o
Why do you always steal the words I wanted to say? Meh, anyway. The map looks sweet so far, especially the house that you've added. Good luck on the map, looking forward to see more of it in the future.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should add many more trees to the map so the house doesn't look odd having a number of trees around it.

The textures on the house should be fixed; the walls of the house should be set to fit, and the roof texture should be facing the same way. Not to mention you should add a lot more detail to the house (ex: windows, a door, etcetera).

How about some screenshots of the houses interior?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, i'll get more pics of the house and stuff later, but here's an update, I still have alot to do, I have a cave that i'm not happy with atm and a few fixes like even MORE trees and i'll try and fix house! :)

pic1:

pic2:

I don't know how to fix that problem in the terrain with those black shadows, looks like i'll have to live with them...

pic3:

That's my first cliff, EVER, I hope it turns out okay in the end, oh and again, sorry for non-transparent tress, i'm using WON, like I sadi on other topic.

Well that's it so far, oh and btw, I'm not gonna call it esf_riverside, since no one would then replace the origianl since it's 10x better, so i'll just call it esf_river, or someone can give me a name they think would suit this...errr, map.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks great.

As for the name. Whats wronf with esf_river.

Or just call it esf_hills ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll go with esf_river, because there is already a esf_hills at esf world, i'm just working my ass off with the cliff and stuff, it's the first one I made and I can't get it to look the way I want, but i'll keep on trying.

That house only has a couch and a table with two chairs in it, anyone have suggestions of what else I can put in it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the map from what i have seen now.
And its also the type of Map LIGHT i like, i hope its really big and all.

What would be cool ^^ enviroment details ftw ^^
-In the water there could be something like an underground tunnel thinggy.
-Or an wrecked ship
-on the hills some barracks with some spooky wind noises.
-or an windmill

^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate the way my cliff looks, I don't know what to do, argh!:( Anyways, now that i have that behind my back, I might release 2 versions, where there are different textures used and the other one is darker and maybe a few other things, but that's just MAYBE, I just hate my cliffs, I need a tutorial or something, it looks to bumpy and stuff.

EDIT:
So I decided to make 2 different maps, the one is esf_river_day and other esf_river_night, okay so the one's in the day and other one is in the night(obvious), I made the day one have a different ground texture and skybox, and later on I'm gonna add some special stuff to each version of it, oh and nice imagination, I might use SOME of your ideas,since others aren't meant for HL1, I'm gonna definetly use one idea but tweak or just change it a little!:)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry the cliffs will look better with practice ;)

Just take a walk in esf_gero or arival to get some ideas ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I did that, and it worked, thatnx for the help! :)

But I still need to practice still and my textures look kinda...weird and out of order;chaotic.

I still have to decide which special feautres the two different maps should have, if anyone has ideas, please pm me or contact me via MSN, I'd like to have ideas! :)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Dude, hows the map coming on. I was hoping you could do a snow level of the map when its done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm, do you really think I should? well that will take a while, but I might think about it, but i'm not that good with mapping and stuff, maybe, we'll see later, posting update soon, I was studying for my acounting the past few days, so I'm probably gonna start again tomorrow(writing tomorrow:().

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, an update is long overdue, well I finally came back from vacation in da mountains and made a bit out of my map:

Okay, sorry for bad pics, I know they're not attractive, but I finally got the cliff finsihed, I'm gonna add a cave in there maybe with something and then like I said above i'll add something special for the day and night versions, I made a cloud where something's gonna be on for the night, but you can't see it in these pics, I promise my next pics will give more detail, oh and sorry for the bad lighting, that also has been changed...

Well if you have, can someone please post some ideas of what I can put in the day version or just email me OR you can ccontact me with my msn acount : [email protected]

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure all vertexes connect. I'm talking about the 2nd screenshot. Allthough the terrain looks good, I'm seeing lots of clipping errors due to vertexes not connecting to eachother. This will degrade the performance of the map, So I suggest you to fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom