• Good for first try

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Bad for first try

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm nice
u tooked the wads of esf_guru and namek ^^ well for ur first time its ok .... but a little bit to simple ....... there r not special right? like teleport of one place to other... or something destroyable ? no? well ^^ should be worked on on this map... and the lake or what ever there i see.... should be get more smooth... hmmm..... well at first time its hard ^^ gj 6/10 points

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try using triangles to make your cliffs and maybe scale your textures up a bit.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
seriously, even for a first map its bad. its just like 10 brushes eh? +5 brushes for the sky.
but at least you learned how to compile a map which is more then most ppl can do rofl.
anyways, someone once said "never release your first map" and thats a good decision in most cases.

[EDIT]
well, you leaned the basics and now you should try to learn how to use triangles instead of blocks, in the mega thread stickie should be a tutorial link about that ;) triangles = good, blocks = ev0l

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well dj... u right with n ever release ur first map! but its his first map its not bad for first try! he learned the ´baic and some more! at my first time it was hard enuff that i couldnt compile the map! some placec r not the place where it should be!

u r allready a pro we know that but look ow u did the first time ur map ^^ well ok it was better then this one... but its his first try 2 °:°

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow o_O that is kinda bad, but keep working @ it -- Try learning vertex manipulation and good mapping techniques and you should be fine, but damn, why'd you release this? x.x

I didn't release my first map until like 5 versions afterwards.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The least thing you could do is compare it with other maps, and see if it's worthy a release, and to be honest, your map is not that worthy, keep working on your skills though. It took me a fine long time, to master all the basics.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
its not bad for your first try , i didnt even know how to make a sky =p i had to decal some blue texture all the way across but yea good luck ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, "don't release your first map" is good advice, atleast not until you've compared it with a few others. Keep working on it, atleast you've learned how to compile a map, that sure took me awhile. :rolleyes:

Best answers
its not bad, and it is not to good, tis ok for your first, vertex mulip is pretty hard to learn at first (but i never new wot to use untill mr satan helped me with my first map :p and then cold steel(if i remember correctly) told me about triangle brushes,

but any way, you will get better and better as u try harder, good job, the map looks plain but if u spice it up a bit, it will look killa ^_^

Best answers
Thanks for the comments and critz , ive finnaly figured out how to use the clip tool , im just redoing this map , with my new found skills .

Best answers
Too simple. The architecture... I mean where is it? Approve on it with vertex scaling or clipping.

Best answers
way to simple. most of the other maps are less "squary"
you know... anyway you did a good try, i dont know a thing about mapping (not that i try)

Best answers
This thread doesn't deserve a reply. Go friggin talk in esf_namak_island thread where someone has something to show.

Where is the vote option 'You suck at life in general'?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
off topic:That was low Rickler and i think anything is a start as long as you keep triing
on topic:the map still neads some work (dont forget a fiew trees ;) )

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rickler said:
This thread doesn't deserve a reply. Go friggin talk in esf_namak_island thread where someone has something to show.

Where is the vote option 'You suck at life in general'?
Even though my map may be good in your opinion, that still does not give you the right to critisize someone like that. Super bolt deserves respect for atleast trying.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmmm. *******.....check. Mod present......check. Yep, warning time. Rickler, warning for your pointless flame. People have a right to show off what they've done even if it's simple. Nobody's good at mapping when they first start, so why don't you just chill, ok?

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom