Best answers
W00t
I'm currently working on a ESF map that takes place on an asteroid or meteor. Pieces of the meteor can be destroyed and there are other meteors to fight on floating around the map. Not an arena or teamplay map, but a large free-for-all map. I will post a link to download it when it's complete. Enjoy!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow, I wish I knew how to map...:S STUPID 120 SECONDS CRAP!!! :cry: :devil:

Best answers
HERE IT IS!

It's released and in BETA 1. Please, report any bugs, suggestions, comments, questions to [email protected] Hope you like it, i'm working on the next BETA of it and probably goin' to ad some kick ass effects.
DOWNLOAD

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i hate myself
If only i had not deleted by accident my HL folder!!

Sweet map.

Maybe ESF found a new mapper?
Hope they make u a demand

Retired
Best answers
i hope it's gonna be much better than DMZ_astaroid. it can't get any worse :)

Combat-Hamster

C
Hmmmm

Testing it right...... Now BRB with my opinions :tired:

Combat-Hamster

C
o_O Ok I played it and heres my say. For a new mapper thats a great job. 1 problem u compiled it with a dod.wad that is not in most peoples valve directory so alot of people cant play it and or are just to lazy or stupid to take the dod.wad and put it in the valve directory. You should include that wad in your zip file or just make your own Custom wad file if u want. The map was alittle.. mm i dunno just alot of triangles cylenders arches spikes and stuff like that, but i liked what you were going for which is inspiring me to make my own Meteor type map since the type of senery i like is dusk or dawn. For some fix ups u should fix the wad problem and take the objects that go threw eachother like alot of spikes u got and make it so u dont see the bottom corners going threw the other objects maby shrink it or change its base size. And the r_Speeds are alittle to high. Well thats all i got for now. For someone new to mapping its a great map so dont let anything get you down:)

Best answers
Wow, that obvious that i'm a "beginner", huh? Well, anywhoo, at least I know i'm good for a beginner. It looks like a weeks worth of tutorial reading paid off. I'm planning on releasing a BETA 2 to fix the DoD problem. Uhm.. I purposly made the edges stick out to make more spikes out of the rocks. I guess i'll give the rocks touch ups n' stuff for the next BETA also. Good thing I called it a BETA, so I can still make mistakes. The R_speeds is something I hate 'bout map making, and there's no "actual" way of lowering them. I'll see what I can do...

Combat-Hamster

C
heh well thats where your wrong there is 101 ways of lowering r_speeds and fixing the little 1 inch multisided pieces coming out where u can barely notice them does a number on the r_Speeds, make little objects that intersect into larger objects like your sideways spikes in the mountains make those func_wall instead of a solid object so the game see's right threw them. The Neeter your map is put together the lower the r_speeds will be as well. If u want i can guide u to a few great r_speed reduction tutorials if u need some help with it

Combat-Hamster

C
Ok well here are a few tips. First of all Every time two solid objects touch eachother they are carving into eachother. When they do that the halflife engine see them as many different objects now all put together. So for one way to lower r_speeds is to have many sided objects maby an inch away from the ground or ceiling. heres an Example Doing that will prevent the engine from auto carving. Now lets say you want the two objects to touch but you dont want the engine to split them up. Thats real simple just take the object and turn it into a func_wall, Doing this will make the halflife engine see right threw that object, the player will see it just as a solid object unless u make it transparent but the engine will see right past it so it will not carve. Using the func_wall is great when u have little items on the ceiling walls or floors. But remember that a cannot have a entity example: a func_wall as a boarder of your map because since the engine sees right threw them you would have your self a leak. Another way to lower the r_speeds which is kinda hard in ESF since you can fly is make the rooms that you see less detailed if there big the more sides the engine sees the more the r_speeds will rise. So you put blocks or just objects in the way of viewing a long ways which is incredably hard to do in ESF since its all out doors and up in the sky but its good to use for mods that u gotta walk around in example :Counter-Strike. When your mapping u have to sacrifice detail for r_speeds..

One more thing about the func_walls. U should not use these for real walls that border 2 rooms if they are detail because the halflife engine sees threw the entities and now the engine is looking at both room and drawing all them sides and shit even if u cant see it. You may need alittle practice with this but soon you'll get the hang of it and when and when not to use them. Well i hoped that helped il give u a few other very important ways to dramaticly reduce r_speeds later its about 1:50 am here and im about to faint:tired: Nite

Best answers
Hey It Dont Work on Mine.ive Put both Files Into The C:\sierra\halflife\esforces\maps but when i goto create a LAN game to test it it didnt show up on the multiplayer menu can someone plz help me out.

Combat-Hamster

C
u have to have Some deathmatch entities as well as the good/bad guy start point entities with out hte Death match start points it will not show up on the maplist if u already have it in your map i dunno why itwont show up. But check if u do =) that should work

Best answers
yes but how exactly can i get it to work i dont understand about deathmatch starts and all,i know what it is but i dont get what u want me to do.what shall i do to make it work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom