Esf_island

Best answers
For some reason whenever i go into this map HL crashes. Ive made it into the map once but i moved once and it crashed. I dont think its that my comp cant take it ( p4 1.6 ghz 512 ram 32 mb gfx ) I was wondering if anybody else has this problem. I have Hl version 1.1.1.0. This happened both in beta 1 and 1.1.

Best answers
what kind of video card do you have??

EDIT : Hmm...now that I remember a bit,are you sure you have the latest drvers for your Video Card? Also you might want to run in OpenGL,but you already know that dont you?

Best answers
Hmm, do u have lag in other maps with liquids/water in?? If so, download the newest versions of direct X & ur videocard drivers, or try it when by changing your videomode to opelGL or direct3D... IF this doesn't helps, just delete the map out the esf/maps folder and connect to a server running that map, it will download the map automticly, could help if there a error/virus in your current map file...

Best answers
I have the same prob to on a good comp 2 but on a MUCH older coputer (pentium 2<-(had a mistake!!!) TNT video card... :\) it works fine...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it has to do with how new your computer is, I have a p4 2.26 Ghz, 512 Mb of video memory, and a GeForce4 MX420 (32 Mb card, like yours), and I have absolutely no problem running esf_island.

Best answers
ya esf_island crashes on my computer even with a p4 1.6ghz 224m and 32 mb gfx card

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had this problem when I had the video mode running in Direct3D, but when I changed it to OpenGL, no more crash. I suspect that is the cause.

Best answers
Same problem here.. I think my problem occurred only after I have run the CTDB experimental mode...

Best answers
lol,i dont have any problems whatsoever with any standard maps from ESF. (P3 1 Ghz, 256mb RAM 64MB video memory, NVidia TNT2 riva )

mayb u guys should eerhm reinstall the entire ESF mod ???? (A)

Best answers
the problem happens to me too; im running in direct3d (can't run in glide, my card sux ;()

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well atleast you know it's supposed to be played in openglide, most of the peoples here ignore the fact that this mod can not simply be played in direct 3d mode, like half-life itself, so to state it one more time, SET YOUR VIDEOCARD TO OPENGLIDE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ESF!

Best answers
Majin_You said:
I don't think it has to do with how new your computer is, I have a p4 2.26 Ghz, 512 Mb of video memory, and a GeForce4 MX420 (32 Mb card, like yours), and I have absolutely no problem running esf_island.
Holy crap! Majin_You has the exact same computer specs as mine! Creepy... O_O

Best answers
The sad truth of ESF: without a GeForce 4, yer up ****'s creek without a paddle...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use a GeForce 3 ti 200 with 2x AntiAliasing and I get constant 40-60 fps fine.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I just like to point something out posted by a few noobz...

Majin_You claims to have 512MB of video memory (geez, is it even out ?), but then says "and a GeForce4 MX420 (32 Mb card, like yours)" err ? im confused. :scared:

But just when i thought it could'nt get any cheesier... :shocked:

Mystic_saiyan says he has a TNT2 64MB .... haha

plz where can i buy this one of a kind card ? im still stuck on a TNT2 32MB...

NOOB TIP: If you have no idea whats in your pc, go to run and then type "dxdiag"

In the future i will point out more and more noob classics, this one gets a 7/10 :yes:

Best answers
Thank god i'm getting rid all of my viruses,problems and cr@p!And when i do that in about 3 or 4 weeks i'll have ESF and be victorious!I played it today at a cool place and kicked @$$!I nearly used up all my time on ESF playing lan and training heaps!So want to play on the net with ESF and show my skills!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom