Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe I mentioned this before in another topic a long time ago, but I'd thought I'd make a thread of it after I saw ESF_Island in v1.1b.

The house on ESF_Island is out of proportion...like the thread titles says. Anyways here's a pic.

Best answers
Well still, are you having that problem because I never had it. Maybe you just need to set the screen res. down and (or) the model quality down. Its just an opinion but when i play with bots i always use that map.
*More Ontopic- I dont see were your getting at or the "out of porportion" if you could just edit the pic and put arrows were it is, that would be great, but otherwise you could state it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of that matters. It's the size of the building. Lets say I make a map that has a skyscraper, you can't make it look like a shack by changing your resoultion or the model quality >_>

I'm suggesting the map be fixed, because it's cool but I don't like to play on it for that reason.

Best answers
Oh, i requested a long time ago that there should be a rat versions of roshi's place...if that wasnt it, the easiest wait is if someone made a replica of the one off of the dbz_capsule map for esf_island

Best answers
Mr. Satan, youre right!
the house (especially the door) is too huge...but I know why the mapper automatically made it too big, Ive got the same problem!
Its like that: The player models in ESF are smaller than in normal hl, that's why the maps need to be compiled with the hull-file.
because I mapped for other hl-mods before, Ive got a general size for a normal door: 96 units high and 64 units wide!
but when you create such a door for ESF, it's much to big ingame!

Best answers
BAH! I just havent had the time to fix it yet.... Maybe once I graduate in 3 weeks i'll have some time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's alright man, I'm not whining or anything, just thought I'd mention it. I know you all have lives n stuff, just keep up the good work ^_^

Best answers
i think its fine because then ull be able to see were it is from a distance so i say let it be big

Best answers
Guess he didnt rescale the whole map, when they went from alfa to beta...

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its not a problem. its just that its wiered seinga huge ass house on that map, that could be easliy fixed.
its not mandatory but it would be a nice improvement to the map. well in the kami lookout map, the time chanmer building isnt over sized. just funky that one of the buildings in one of the maps is out or proportion.

Best answers
Ya. I dont like how that door and the house even in esf_island is so big. Its out of proprotion with the map. Not that i dont liek the map. its just that one little flaw.

Best answers
Originally posted by Lethal_Vegetto
Ya. I dont like how that door and the house even in esf_island is so big. Its out of proprotion with the map. Not that i dont liek the map. its just that one little flaw.
man y u consiter this a flaw it is great so u can spot the entreance form far away

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by goku_2022
man y u consiter this a flaw it is great so u can spot the entreance form far away
Why in the hell would you need to see the door from a distance?! It's not like you can open the door or anything, nor does it provide soem tactical advantage. Weak argument.

Best answers
Ha it looks like Alice from Alice in wonderland standing in front of that talking door!But anyways i had never noticed it was so big compared to the rest of the map,but its not like its a big deal or anything.

Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
Why in the hell would you need to see the door from a distance?! It's not like you can open the door or anything, nor does it provide soem tactical advantage. Weak argument.
it would be good so u could see where the building is from far away:S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can see it at ANY distance.

Best answers
ya with the big build and door if they were smaller then u would not be able to see any of it from in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom