pic4
pic5
pic6
and here the download link:
esf gokus home
open for crit :p

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
From what I can see, the map looks very, very nice. I'll download it right now. :3

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
:eek:

Looks awesome, dling right now.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
:eek:

Looks awesome, dling right now.
Yopyop, you may consider this high praise, coming from Kama. :3

Best answers
wow! That is really good. I'm gonna download that too. Do teh clouds move? And does the smoke move from the chimney? If not then it might look kinda weird.. Really nice though. Did you just start mapping?!? If you did then that is really really really good, even if you weren new its still really awesome. I've never seen the Kama in person before! *cough*click sig*cough*

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohhh my God. You aren't gonna believe this... I'm working on this exact map. It was going to be a suprise. I saw the thread title and was like "no way..." My suprise is all ruined! XD

Wow, that's a shocking coincidence! I'm still working on mine, though. I'll display it soon.

The house looks really nice. My only suggestion for the map would be to work on the mountains. They look too blocky and unnatural.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I found two things that were wrong with this map, and I haven't even gotten to playing it yet.

For one, the filename is esf_goku's_home.bsp. At first, my ESF would not load the map at all. Then, I thought it might be because of the filename: it contains a '. So, I renamed the file to esf_gokus_home, and tried again. Then, I got another error. I'm missing torntextures.wad.

You should take more care to ensure that you have added all the necessary files in your downloads. This is your second map, and the second map of yours where I've found things that were missing in the download. Also, I suggest changing the name, so it does not have the ' in it.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yopyop, if you wouldn't mind recompiling the map, read the post I made in this thread. It tells you how to compile your map with the textures included in the map itself.

If a mod would like to add the information to the mapping sticky, I'd appreciate it. (Source)

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
yopyop said:
(very special thx to sayjan ovelord for telling
me to keep up my mapping work!)
I must inspire alot of people , but lately myself I have been trapped in darkness.

And thankyou , i know have another nice map to play on ;).

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, thats amazing for a second map. Haven't played it yet but i'm downloading it right now.

Try using clipping and vertex manipulation on that mountain to make the edges more natural-looking and jagged instead of smooth. Also fix the things that have been said already.

The house looks quite detailed, what r_speeds do you get with this map?

Best answers
well like you've said the toentexture andthe skymap was missing so
here a new link :p
download
so just enjoy

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It's good, for future maps though, I suggest you put everything into pre-set folders so people only have to click and drag one folder and it'll all place nicely. The majority of people who will download your map from a download site won't know where all the things go and will give up trying to make it work and move on to another map.

As far as this map goes, it's really nice. It's just really really laggy so it's too bad it can't be played in as a fighting map. I think you have too many trees and sprites and needless blocks of such around.

Good map, good start, you just need to get better at optimizing.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6826/gokushouse2nq.jpg
>_>

from a mappers point of view its a horroble map, simply cause the w and epoly are WAY too high.
Since your profile says youre from germany, you should be able to read the following articles, and make sure to understand and memorize them ;)

http://www.thewall.de/content/half-life:tutorials:die_quake_engine <- essential
http://www.thewall.de/content/half-life:tutorials:r_speeds <- most important article ever :eek:
http://www.thewall.de/content/half-life:tutorials:der_kleine_r_speeds_artikel <- additional info about r_speeds
http://www.thewall.de/content/half-life:tutorials:hint-brushes <- very usefull

http://www.thewall.de/content/half-life:tutorials <- lots'o other usefull stuff about hl mapping

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I downloaded the new version, and just got done playing it.

Here are my crits:

- The ceiling isn't high enough, in my opinion.

- You need to use the hulfile thingo and recompile the map, because I'm standing on thin air: Pic 1

- This mountain looks very unrealistic and boring.. It has a square top, with grass on it. Try cutting off more than just a few edges, and it should look better, and get rid of the grass, or keep it, but make it look better: Pic 2

- These little weeds/bushes are a nice touch, but they look unnatural to me, placed on the road like that. I think it would look better if they weren't on the road: Pic 3

- The following problem was also in your previous map, Roshi's island. As you can see, the grass does not connect properly to the edge of the map. Also, there is a bush sprite standing in mid-air, to the left of my character: Pic 4

- There's something wrong with this building. Look to the upper right side of the red circle: there's a clearly visible cut. I don't believe this was intended, but it still looks kind of ugly: Pic 5

- The main house also shares a similar problem. There's a visible cut in the front/side of the building: Pic 6

- The map contains too many trees and sprites. Your previous map also suffered from this problem. The map looks good, but it is not suited for actual play. It lags terribly.

- The beach is a nice touch, but I think it would look better if you got rid of it. The beach is too small to fight on properly, so it just causes lag without any real benefit.

Okay, now for my positive crits:

- The map has a very good sense of scale. Besides the fact that I'm apparently floating (see the hullfile crit), I could tell the doors and everything were scaled well. Good job.
- The trees you used look quite realistic and fit the map perfectly. There's just too many of them.
- The map is quite original, there aren't a lot of Goku's House maps. Nice choice.

I hope you will find these crits useful, and that you will learn from them for your future maps. You really do have talent, you just need to work on some things. :3

Best answers
well:
pic1: the hullfile doesn't work at my pc donno why tried with lots of tutos :p
pic2:i'll try to change the mountains k?
pic3: with the bushes: it's cuz you place a model and in an area around it there will be random placed bushes ;)
pic4: the same as above;well the edge thing: i will change
pic5,6: i tried to get rid of these cuts but didn't get trhough it! :'(
--and i will reduce the number of model k?
so now just wait for the new version :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
1. on csg -hullfile c:\blablabla\hulls.txt
6. the grid is your friend .. ;)

now go read the articles i posted earlier :p

Best answers