esf_city

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, considering theres going be a new city map for 1.3 and also taking into account the team removed esf_cell_day from 1.2, will the current city map be removed?

I'd appreciate it if one of the team members or beta testers would answer this question.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good question. I've been wondering alot about the maps after I heard that they redid all the models.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. I'm really hoping they keep the map in. I mean, it's the most popular and my personal favorite map. It just seems like a waste to trash such a good map because theres a newer one.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
Yeah. I'm really hoping they keep the map in. I mean, it's the most popular and my personal favorite map. It just seems like a waste to trash such a good map because theres a newer one.
Why not just back it up if it's not kept for 1.3 and then put it in when it coems to installnig it ?.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because servers won't use the map. Look at esf_cell_day, it was the most popular map in 1.1, yet no server still plays it.

Retired
Best answers
most likely the old map will be trashed, it's really just the same as when we updated a model. Out with the old in with the new.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kind of hated the old one. My favs were Pepperciy, and soon to be the new one ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I liked esf_lagoon... too bad they just trashed it :(

But I would like to keep the old maps on ESF if not the old maps then just the old .wads not like with Guru or Namek where you have to go DL 1.1 and get those damn wads

Or maybe you can make it a custom option like the MP3s just with maps like there could be

Install Old and New Maps
Install New Maps

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jea i realy like the old 1.1 maps. Thats why im constantly bugging Ready to get them working on esf worlds server.

And the city map that we have now is good for walljumping out of the way. as far as i saw the new city wont have taht kind of posibility (i could be wrong though).

Agrees with nsw316 should be an option^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there will probably still be wall jumping in the new map(see picture down below), but...I kinda like the old map layout more...It's not that this new map sucks or anything, it actually looks great (better than the old one) just the layout is...less fun in my oppinion. I think they should put both maps in esf 1.3 like, esf_city_v1 and esf_city_v2 so both the 1.1 map lovers and 1.3 map lovers both can play on their favorite map.

I mean, it's not like the ESF team will lose popularity for adding in an older map. =\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats the new map??

It looks cool!!
Yeah. You can check the development progress at the Dev Journals.

I think you should have 3 buttons you can check:
-Install 1.1 maps
-Install 1.2 maps
-Install 1.3 maps
So, for example, if you don't like the 1.2 maps you check the first and the last.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except for the fact that you'd still be downloading all of them. That wouldn't solve any problems ;/.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a little idea, why not have a voting pole for the community that lists all the maps ever made by the team put into esf and then possibly release them with 1.3 or in the near future as a patch or something (then everyone can remain happy knowing that a fav map is going to be on a major server). Also could show off the work of esf over the time the mod has been around when you think of it too ;).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Why not just get the team to keep all the map's that way everyone is happy no matter what.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea I don't see much difference in oppinion against having the old maps in the new beta. But I would like to see all the previous maps in the new beta too... such as Lagoon Peppercity original Canyon Nameks_end some of the other cell games maps

Retired
Best answers
well alot of "older" maps can't be fixed, well atleast mine can't. A while back my HD got wiped and i lost all of my older work :( . So......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well. Tree of might will remain my favorite map. I like foresty stuff....except for the big forest. That map was just a mess....

Best answers
jimbob said:
Thats the new map??

It looks cool!!
I don't think so, because i can't see the pink buildings, the included cars or the other tree's you can see in the picture here.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Zero said:
Hey all, sorry it has been so long. Anyways I'm finaly finished with the city. It's completely different map from the first pics. So here is some pics, no major changes will be done just small tweaks and/or fixes. Enjoy
^ read

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom