ESF_Brolli

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am making a map for the Brolli pack that God Gundam and Kama are working on. It will be for ESF as a pack.

Note: All textures are TEMPORARY. The blue texture represent the top of the map - an unaccessable area ingame. The green dots are the player size. This is simply a layout - I have not actually started mapping.

I am attempting to make something very new and unique to fit GG and Kama's new and unique model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm liking the start of it. Would be cool if you could include a waterfall somewhere in it. Can't wait to see more progress. ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never liked entities, especially waterfalls. :X

I'll give it a try, though.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Looks nice, cant wait to see the next update :).(and cant wait for the pack to be released :D)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
I never liked entities, especially waterfalls. :X

I'll give it a try, though.

Entities? Then I'm your man. I'd be willing to lend a hand Opteh.

Best answers
i like it man :) i hope you'll put some more things like as kama said: waterfall and maybe other entities ... i dunno how you're gonna make it but looks good for now :)

Best answers
whoops double post i'm sorry guys
reason: i thought i didn't post the above one sorry again o_o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have completely remade and redesigned the map. I felt the previous map gave me no breathing room. I knew I would not be able to finish it because of that reason. I remade the map and have already finished adding basic noise (just the first step really). The next step will be redefining the cliffes - no 90 degree turns. After that, it will be dropping polies, so the map can actually run in HL. :p

The dry areas are flat because I have a very special type of terrain that I will add there. All the dry area will be filled with water, as well. Again, all textures are TEMPORARY. The map takes the same amount of room as before except for the fact that there is more flying room here.

Best answers
Lookin' good! Keep it up! I'm eager for this one.

Best answers
I’m going to share with u some of my ideas for this map. Follow them if u want

When ur going to map try to add how many rocks u can on the ground, waters or even in the mountains by making small, medium or big boulders with small different texture colors. The color owe each texture need to assorted with the texture u use it for the ground, this way the lights will make them to look real. If ur going to make trees try to add and some cutting trees lying on the ground or even in the waters. For other details dunno try to imagine a destroyable place with craters and stuff, make and some head skeleton mountains or something and add some scary halflife sounds to look like a freaking place. The skybox I think it should go dark soft red with hard blue that it will contains many lightning’s, and the whole place very dark, preferable dark blue like in Movie 10 - Broly

I wish ya a good hunting

Best answers
it looks awesome so far but if your doing a Brolli map why don't you use the one from Movie 8 with the Destoryed City

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The destoryed city would take ages, and most likely, it wouldn't run in HL. It was made for SoS (powerful stand alone engine) a while ago.

EDIT:

And three hours of non-stop mapping later, here is the result:

Note: I am going to go back and add some more noise to the terrain; it got too smooth when I was knocking out brushes from it.

Well, the polygon count went from 406 to 197; contrary to popular belief, that is a good thing. The dry area will be covered in water. The area will remain flat as a mini-tribute to ESF_Island (underwater terrain was made in the same style) for a few reasons: lower WPoly counts (higher FPS), the water will probably not be see through anyway, and less work for me. :p

My next step is to make the textures for it. It might be done tonight if I really get to work on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GoD's Fighter said:
Looks like a real crappy map...
And the Mona Lisa was a masterpiece when it was a blank canvas? Don't post stupid things like that, especially if you want to be respected as you just joined a bit over a month ago.

It's looking cool Opty. Nice start, I still have those textures and have no clue what you wanted me to do with them though. Grass and Rock kinda... sketchy for me. Maybe I'm slow.

But the map looks cool, can't wait to see it more finished with water and rounded cliffs.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the map doesnt look that impressing yet, but since i already know u for a long time, i know you can do better ;) .. allthough its still WIP so i just wait till you update the thread and give some final comments when its done ^_^

remember, you can always msg me when you need a hand... ;)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All those cliffs are going down straight. If you want to add more polies to it. Try to add more noise to them.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hm, I started to add more dynamic walls to the map. I finished texturing for the most part. I'm going to add trees and rocks to it. I also added a bit of noise to the general terrain.

And here it is with the water made visible:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the structure looks better now dude ;)

*waits to play the final version to kick brolies buttXD*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The_Forgotten said:
Looks very unique.Those colors are still temporary, right?

If you mean that nasty shading, that is from Hammer's crappy rendering system. The shading will make more sense and look nicer ingame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom