Esf_ashlands

Best answers
How long did it take you to make this because it doesn't have much detail(more than I'd ever put in but hey).I like it but it aint got much detail, unless im missin something?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
very nice, I love it cold.. now.. make babidis ship :eek:

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ehm ghostboy...If you knew anything about mapping, you would know it takes a while to create such a map, and besides, this a vulcanic area, did you expect to be green and full of trees ?

-edit-

I'll start on the babidiship tomorrow, and if i have some time left i will also compile esf_west_city.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Very cool! I just don't like how the two different water colours meet. No offence but it looks ugly. But I like the terrain :yes:

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The stream and the lake have the same texture. But cause of that stupid ****hole hl shadowing thing, it get's all dark and i can't help it.

Thnx for the compliment though.

Best answers
nice map cold steel
and if your going to make babidi's ship dont forget to put an m on the ship ^_^
and about that esf_west_city map you might compile tomorrow, will it have capsule corp.?

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The layout is nice, I wouldn't think you could put much more detail into a volcanic ruin than that, so I don't see how there isn't enough detail.
Maybe try to fix up the water with custom textures? Or something that just doesn't look like that when the shadowing is applied. But aside from that, the map looks rather nice, good job! ^_^

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
garnerraymond8 said:
nice map cold steel
and if your going to make babidi's ship dont forget to put an m on the ship ^_^
and about that esf_west_city map you might compile tomorrow, will it have capsule corp.?
No, but if you can wait for a little while then my map eea_capsule_corp will be released along with EEA. But that's not such a bad idea, i have a few half sphere buildings in my map, so i might turn of of them in the capsule corp building.

Best answers
Awesome Map CS i like it allot cool in-game
One question though whats Ashland ??

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a made up area. ESF maps don't have to replicate areas from the show, contrary to popular belief.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM SO HYPER, just got home from my first date w/ my girlfriend and it ROCKED! XD wewt...yeah...whew....yeah...stuff..RANDOM....YAY A.D.D.!

Best answers
Sorry cold steel i just meant that your other maps that you made that i have, i thought had more detail(but hey what do i know :scared: )sorry again, keep makin your awesome maps!

Edit:w00t Mr.Satan!

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The ashlands come from Elder Scrolls :Morrowind, a beautifull rpg. It's an area infected by blight that kills everything including vegetation and animals and such, that's why there is no vegetation, except for the halfdead grass texture i used.

Best answers
I love Morrowind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I havent played much of it because my comp barely handles it...Im getting my comp upgraded for X-mas though.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 2 suggestions: use texture blending (create the textures, it isn't hard) and don't overlap water textures.

It also might need a little something...more. It seems a bit empty.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Whu...i actually created the overlapping texture. The one with the dead grass and rocks.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Er, that isn't what texture blending really is. Anyone can make your form without a special texture...

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
oh well, you said create the textures. And that's what i did. As for the problems with the map, i said i won't change anything. I had to compile it like 40 times to get it allmost right, and that's fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom