ESF Zone modifications! (must read)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Oke, I've talked about it with b14ckcha0s. There has some slight modifications / changes with the Zone. For those who don't know what ESF Zone is, it's the new Earth Special Forces Resource website. With maps, sprites, clients, models and all things related to Earth Special Forces.

At first, he wanted to add the things on his own host. But i came up with an idea to host esfzone at HL2Files.com, that would make the website http://esfzone.hl2files.com. He was worried about the bandwidth usage, and the space on it. But told him not to worry about it, that it would be taken care off.

Anyway, http://esfzone.hl2files.com will be the new website for the ESF Resources. The website / domain is down, i know since it is not up yet. Now, don't think all the files will be added on the new website. All the sprite, clients, server, models, etc files will be added on the main page of HL2Files.com, so all the files will contain out of 3 mirror links. Which are:

1), FileFront.com Mirrors (which contains a lot of different kind world wide mirrors)
2), Europe / Belgium Mirror
3), Australia, Brisbane Mirror

Why i am doing this? Because of 2 things. I'd love to help out this great modification in every kind of way. That's why i am backing up this project all the way. The second reason is this helping HL2Files.com as well with loads of Earth Special Forces files which leads me back to the first reason, to help this project.

Since I'm the Site Administrator at HL2Files.com, I'm backing up this website with everything i can. And make sure of it it will be a success. Once the domain / website is up, forums will be added and shortly after that the website itself. And the first thing i have to do is to remove mostly all the current files at HL2Files.com. Why? Because v1.0 / v1.1 / v1.2.x files are mixed up. And has to be corrected. So this week I'll remove most of the files, but of course not all of them. All the clients, server files, and files recently added will stay.

Now, you may think. Will you (that's me) be the only one that will add all the Earth Special Forces files to HL2Files.com? Since that would be a lot of work. My answer to that is, no. For those who want to be a staff at ESF Zone, i am willing to give you access to add files to HL2Files.com. So you can add all the files, screenshots, description of the file as you please. Besides, for those who help out. Deserve points, and you can spend the points for something ;).

I might even give you access to add categories. So you can add your own categories if they haven't been added yet. I hope you all like my idea about this, and this idea will come true in a few days. I already requested the domain, so the website http://esfzone.hl2files.com will be up in a few days.

I've quickly made this thread since I'm going to the cinema to watch Ice Age 2, so any comments, suggestions, etc on this one?

Best answers
no comments and suggestions .... but i would like to help though ... by the way i can make gfx ... learned it on my free time ..... so i can be of help ... or just add stuff like you said....

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering what had happened to the current domain, I didn't expect things to move so quickly ahead. I'm still working on some site content for bl4ckcha0s, so I'll continue to work on that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
We'll see how things goes. We still haven't got the domain just yet so i guess we are going to start once we have. I've emailed someone about the domain, i hope it would be up today! Besides that point. If you want to be staff as i mentioned in my first post on this thread, you'll get access at HL2Files.com to post the files, which automatically makes you HL2files staff.

Let me tell you about the point system. The point system is something new in FileFront, which each file you post you gain points. And with the points you can do 2 things with it which i won't tell at the moment to keep it a surprise. Now, if you'd like to be staff. It would be great if you would post files with a good description, more then 1 screenshot if possible, with the read me added and the developer name.

This should not be hard at all, but in my opinion this is a required if you'd like to post files. And I'm sorry black, I'm the only one who is able to add and remove access. Just to let you know, but don't worry. I'm mostly on the computer day and night even at school, so i can always add the access to those who want to be.

Best answers
im working on the ESF-Zone website at the moment, but
it probably wont be ready for a while yet, so we'll just have to stick with the forum, blackchaos is pretty busy puttin a model pack together, and generally optimizing and tweaking the layout of esf-zone, so basically we're still in the design phase, so just remmember it will take a little while.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
RaiKhan said:
I'm working on the ESF-Zone website at the moment, but
it probably wont be ready for a while yet, so we'll just have to stick with the forum, black chaos is pretty busy putting a model pack together, and generally optimizing and tweaking the layout of esf-zone, so basically we're still in the design phase, so just remember it will take a little while.
That's just fine. Even though the domain's main website should either automatic link to the forums, or have a small website saying it is under construction.

EDIT:
Alright, I've removed all the models from HL2Files.com in the Earth Special Forces section. I don't think i have to do the sprites due those should simple work on v1.2.x, besides that point. I've added 2 new categories which are "v1.0 - v1.1" and "v1.2.x", so you know what stuff you are downloading for which version of the game. I still have to create the subcategories though, meh. Don't think this is easy, deleting / creating all these things takes up a lot of time.

Best answers
well i hope he puts up the stuff from our clan lol we got some good stuff man. anyway good luck with ur project and i hope it all works out

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It's b14ckcha0's project. I'm just helping out ^_^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
john_volkov said:
just add the link on www.esforrces.com the link suld be add as a buton ESF ZONE
Don't worry about that bro, i got those things under control. But thanks for trying to help out though. At the moment i've spend hours on the ESF Section on HL2files.com, it takes up a lot of time to get this all straight. Anyway, i'm off to bed now. I've done the following things today:

1), I've removed all the model files at HL2Files.com. Which will be re-added later on in the right categorie..

2), I've added new categories, but this time on version names. If you click ~this~ link, you'll see "v1.x" and "v1.2.x". If you click those, you'll see the sub groups. Please do ignore the sub groups that are in the same group as the version numbers. I still have to do those things, might take a an hour or so due i have to move all the files that are in some groups still. But i'll do it tomorrow.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Man, that took me about 3 to 4 hours to complete. All the categories, and files that were still on HL2Files are categorised. Yesterday, all the categories has been rendered. Please do click here to check out the new categorised Earth Special Forces Section. I tried make the categories as best as possible, i hope it's fine now. Any changed that you think that should be made? Please do let me know!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that you should make a maps section (witch will obviously be done:p), but add as many maps as you possibly can. Create catergories for maps relavant to who amde them (example: imonkong made a new map, goes in the imonkong sub catergory).

Also see if you can't add maps from the older relases too, such as alpha etc & gives the maps catergory it's own caterygory then adding it as a sub catergory to v1.2.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't whati to add pic there and somethin else

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Alright, the website http://esfzone.hl2files.com/ is up. You can tell by you seeing this:

Hi, this is our future site! Please bare with us while we build, configure and upload our site!

Free Hosting provided by FileFront!
Which means the forums and website can be set up! :D

Best answers
uhh i'm asking again ... i posted before but no one seemed to notice .... but can i help !!! ... i would be gladd to help

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Mist, ask and or email b14ckcha0s. I don't lead the stuff, just helping out myself.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The ESF Zone Forums are up and running. Please register and start posting! The website itself is still under construction. But I've edited it so it links to the forums, plus to black's and my own email are added. Also, can someone make a ESF Zone Animated Affiliate button?

Best answers
I have that already inhand.
here you go:

Also colourcoded to the website design im making.
and heres a preview of the website, many changes may occur between now and release.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Really awesome RaiKhan! That's really great work indeed. And a nice Affiliate button as well, damn i love your work. :D. And by the way, for those who wonder. The forums has been re-installed, 6 new themes installed, and a few plugins. Please do (re)register and start posting! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom