ESF-world comunity event

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.1 wasn't made for Steam and the only way you can get it working properly is if you had access to the code.
Yes, but 1.1 was around when WON closed down. So 1.1 was playable when Steam came out. I think it was actually 1.0 when steam came out, not sure.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but 1.1 was around when WON closed down. So 1.1 was playable when Steam came out. I think it was actually 1.0 when steam came out, not sure.
Correction it was 1.2 that was out when WON went down.

ESF 1.1 is a WON version. BUt it works on STEAM Aswell. And yes we did apply the STEAM patch.

So no idea what could be causing the problem.

If anyone has an idea please speak up :)

Best answers
esf 1.1? thats the version i started playing from... ;) just never knew there was an esf forum back then tho...

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
ESF 1.1 wasn't made for Steam and the only way you can get it working properly is if you had access to the code.
uh, no?

I remember playing 1.1 on steam and I didn't even use the steam pack, I just copied the ESF directory in the appropriate steam directory and everything was peachy.

Grega said:
Correction it was 1.2 that was out when WON went down.

ESF 1.1 is a WON version. BUt it works on STEAM Aswell. And yes we did apply the STEAM patch.

So no idea what could be causing the problem.

If anyone has an idea please speak up
wrong :O

1.1 was released in may of '03, steam came out between the 1.1 and 1.2 released, the bulk of 1.1 was inevitably moved to steam near it's middle-age-ness, back around sep-aug '03 people started moving to steam on 1.1

first information on that was when Mystix made a thread on how to do so...

ah, here's the thread.

http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31176

I have a **** short term memory, but my long term memory is god like, if I was year 2 years prior to my join date, I'd be the ****ing historian of this place.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
if there is demand for it, we could when the event is over let a seperate server run 1.1 permanently though.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez, I just got told. Don't mind me, I was looking at the ESF Steam patch and it didn't seem that it would be as simple as adding a few files.

I could never get the bots to work though for some reason.

Best answers
omg, like so sweet :p .. i never played 1.1 ! thank you Grega and ESF-world :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez, I just got told. Don't mind me, I was looking at the ESF Steam patch and it didn't seem that it would be as simple as adding a few files.

I could never get the bots to work though for some reason.
The 3.1 bots have a little bug.

They load the DLL files taht are in your "esf" directory. So if you want to use bots youll need to do some directory renaming. Or else the 1.1 bots will try to load the 1.2 bot files ^^

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I got it to work by renaming "esf_reversed" to just "esf". Interesting enough, when I went to see the server list it displayed servers running 1.2.3.

I tried connecting to the ESF-World 1.1 server through the IP address, but it stated that I need to run "esf_reversed" to play on it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I got it to work by renaming "esf_reversed" to just "esf". Interesting enough, when I went to see the server list it displayed servers running 1.2.3.

I tried connecting to the ESF-World 1.1 server through the IP address, but it stated that I need to run "esf_reversed" to play on it.
Yea its just like with the open beta.

The game looks for servers with teh same mod name. So if you name it just ESF you see all the 1.2.3 servers.

But technically that shouldnt cause problems if everyone has the same directory name.

Only the bots seemed to cause those problems.

Then again i dont really have server access myself. So i cant do much but guess what could be wrong :s

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone else should try making a server and seeing if anyone can connect to it. Then, we can pinpoint whether it's the ESF-World server or with the game itself.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone else should try making a server and seeing if anyone can connect to it. Then, we can pinpoint whether it's the ESF-World server or with the game itself.
We allready did that.

Me, Zeo, Gook, Dark and Spunky played on the listen server Jinx was hosting.

The only thing is we cant compare. Cause the esf-world server is linux.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well we desperately need a server, ive been asking everyone i know if they can make a dedicated server

of course they cant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom