ESF Won't Play

Best answers
Are you using Steam? Yes, I am using Steam.

Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF? Yes I am.

Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons? No I am not.

What game are you trying to install ESF into? Well, at first I tried to install it into the Counter Strike directory, but it didn't work. Note that I bought the Counter Strike Anthology which means Half Life doesn't come with it, so I'm wondering if Counter Strike would still work?

Are you behind a router or firewall? I am using a router, and I'm using Norton Antivirus which are both active at this time.

Are all your drivers updated? Yes, all of them are updated.

What in-game video mode are you using? Whatever is the default... I'm not quite sure though.

If you have an error message, what is the exact error message? I don't get an error message but when I click on the ESF icon to launch the game it proceeds as if I am about to play Counter Strike, and then the console screen pops up at the Counter Strike title screen.

I have read nearly every thread on here to see if there was a similar problem and tried many things such as deleting the blob file which didn't work. However, I hope there is one among you that can help me remedy this problem. Thanks in advance.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I believe you use the Counter-Strike: Condition zero version? I'm not quite sure since I'm don't know much of the Counter Strike Anthology version. But if it is Condition Zero, it will not work with any mods. So including Earth Special Forces.

Best answers
Well, it has the original Counter Strike and Counter Strike Zero on it and both require the Half Life engine so it would only make sense that ESF would run on it. Half Life is downloaded and updated though it isn't purchased but the hl.exe file is present so ESF should be able to play..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, it has the original Counter Strike and Counter Strike Zero on it and both require the Half Life engine so it would only make sense that ESF would run on it.
As far as i know. The package is missing files that Earth Special Forces requires to play the modification. If you search for it on the forums, you'll see that more people have problems the same way as you have.

Like this thread:

Originally Posted by Shiyojin Rommyu
:3 Yes, Anthology will work with ESF.
Grega replied: But ONLY Half-Life Anthology. Not Counter Strike Anthology. So i'm afraid you are out of luck, Earth Special Forces won't work with the current package you use. And Half-Life is only $9,95 if you buy it in Steam.

Best answers
Alright thanks.. It looks like I'll have to get Half Life seperately then...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No Problem. And afraid so, yes. I know it's rather annoying that you are unable to play modifications on those packages, while it's still using the Half-Life engine. But blame Valve for that one, good luck though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom