Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of the vets are gone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of people got tired of the same ol' same ol'. People frequently take long vacations from the game or even quit entirely until the next release.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of them are gone because they have a family to raise...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah...no. Most of us have lives now (College, friends, work, girlfriend/boyfriend) and esf is boring as hell (especially since North America has about 2 servers; 1 for evm and a random server with 32 bots). I mean, I really want to enjoy esf. It's just hard to now =/.

I think I'm pregnant so thats not helping me much either.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still around, & will be till esf dies out :p.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
/points to join date

not many "players" can beat that date, i would have had a 2001 one if i got an account when i was casually browsing the forums... :(

nge

Best answers
Relax Zeo. My new computer is only 4 years late, and I shall save the ESF clan-community with its arrival! I'll... host... 40 servers. Yes.

But seriously, I predict good things once I get it operational. Maybe it's too late for the clan scene in this mod until the release of 1.3. Waiting isn't so bad, and I know I can get people interested in other games to pass the time.

Personally, I'm probably going to play this game right away when I can.

The "Vets" these days are, as I gather, mostly the stragglers from the clan community of yester-year. They're still newbies in their own eyes when compared to long term players that they knew and played against. It happens with many mods- sometimes, the old players end up leaving earlier than expected/wanted, leaving things in a state of panic.

Don't get me wrong- they're mostly great players and a load of fun to play against, with, or even just e-chill around. If you want to see the best North America has to offer, check out pretty much anyone from ~kai~ or Zen, but specificly Gon, DarK, Loki, and Saru.

That's not to say there aren't any good players out of these clans, but in terms of "vet" status the only other people I think qualify are a few mods, and I don't even have any idea how long they've been around being *comparitively* new myself (A little over one year into the community, playing for around 6 months now.)

Once I get my computer operational and am able to play the game again, keep an eye out. I offer help to anyone who asks for it beyond the basics, and I'm usually up for a match. If you want to see the vets, check out the Zen and Kai clan servers when (if?) they go back up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nsw316 said:
/points to join date

not many "players" can beat that date, i would have had a 2001 one if i got an account when i was casually browsing the forums... :(

Heh. Same here dude. But still I beat out the day.

All in all, most of us are gone. I'm rarely around much anymore, though I will be more often once 1.3 is released. Chances are good that they'll need even ME at that point.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started browsing the forums as a guest in like may 02 then decided to make an account in November. I just realized though that Ive been around for 3 yrs and 3 months lol.

Still play from time to time also, but now my life is more eventful than it was in High School, so I dont play nearly as often as I used to.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me cries at how much time of his life he wasted on this mod and forum :/

......Kidding, I wouldn't have it any other way and will be around till the very end or as we say THE APOCALYPSE!

Best answers
been browsering the forums since 2001 but didnt sign up til late then took a long 1 year brake i think til i came back and started posting, but from what i can tell lot of the vets are either playing WoW or busy wiv life or moved on to other forums such as polycount

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been browsing the forums since, begin of 2002 if I am right. But only registered later because something wouldn't work with my ESF. After that I stayed around, but I don't play ESF anymore, 1.2 bored the crap about of me, I (as most other people) am waiting for 1.3. When 1.3 is released I probably will start playing again.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still around, though I don't really play the game with the same amount of seriousness in mind that I did when I was into 2.0a, heh.

Still, I hang around to help out in any way I can, particularly in helping to keep this community going =]

However, as was previously mentioned, I don't quite have the same amount of time as I did when I was an ESF newbie at the age of 14 (for reference, I turned 19 last month), so I tend to relegate myself to helping run the forums. University tends to demand most of my time =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play esf when I was in gr. 5, but I only registered last year and started posting in october, that's why my post count is so low, bt anyways, I think 80% of the vets are gone, they were awesome, but sadly most have left, those few who are still here are either brought down(play less) or just don't like playing that much anymore, most of the guys here's glory days of esf are over, but I'm training now alot, I try as much as possible, but my pc is stuffed up atm, my dad's pc this, as soon as my pc gets fixed then i'll be up and running with my 600 ping, lol.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
TwisteR said:
I started browsing the forums as a guest in like may 02 then decided to make an account in November. I just realized though that Ive been around for 3 yrs and 3 months lol.

Still play from time to time also, but now my life is more eventful than it was in High School, so I dont play nearly as often as I used to.
Same story...

Registered when ESF Beta 1 came out. heh

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I had more to talk about then.
My friend intorduced me to the Alpha versions, and I wasted alot of time making a ssj vegeta skin when I could have just downloaded one lol. Good times back then.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
heh good times with the ssj script... lovely sounds by the cuc man... hah

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ah.. god. Now you're making me nostalgic for the good old days. Still in highschool...heh.

I'm surprised I look back at those hated times with a smile.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
/me looks at my join date

This would include me right? During the good 'ol days of freiza disk being pure pwnage? Yeah, except that most of the models weren't done, so it looked like a bunch of flying Gordons XD

My life is as busy as it's ever been, and that can be inferred by the lowness of my post count. (It would be higher, but we switched forums once and post count was reset, long long long ago) I used to play alot, but I can't get into it anymore like I used to, maybe because I am not into DBZ anymore. I loved dbz when I was in 5th grade, but now I am in the Air Force, it is kinda.... well.... a stupid cartoon.

Plus, the community had a different feel to it. It used to be a small-community feeling, where people all knew eachother and nothing anyone said was considered offensive or spam, and no one was ever banned and threads were rarely locked. The golden age!

Dangit, now I am feeling the nostalgic emotion. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom