ESF to Steam Control problems

Best answers
Yes, i have transfered my ESF to steam, but theres one problem... There are noc ontrols...you cant do anything, you cant control. I went to options and went to controls/keyboard, and there is nothing there...(damn you steam)I clicked restore defaults, and still, nothing! For the few other people who have succesfully converted ESF, are you having the same problems/can this be fixed?

Best answers
Welcome to 6 months ago!

Although people don't reliaze, or were never informed, (I think its 1.1.1.1), Day of Defeat retail let people beta test 1.1.1.1, without STEAM. They had a similar problem, and the Half-Life release uses the same system. All you have to do is bind it through original Half-Life. Or through the CFG's.

Best answers
Just copy your regular config.cfg (from the old esf)
to the new esf map in steam , and rename it
userconfig

problem solved :yes:

Best answers
Sano said:
Just copy your regular config.cfg (from the old esf)
to the new esf map in steam , and rename it
userconfig

problem solved :yes:
Ok So I put the old config into my esf folder and renamed it to userconfig...thats right...right?

Best answers
It didnt work...give me step by step instructions like

steamapps>email>half-life>ESF>????

Best answers
L337_C4N4D14N said:
PLZ HELP!!!
I'll explain in a few steps
-take your config (from you sierra/halflife/esf folder)
-put it in your steam esf folder ( steamapps/email/halflife/esf)
-change the name of config to userconfig

If that doesnt work copy all your binds from your config(sierra/hl/esf)
and place them in your autoexec file , now place the autoexec
in the Steam esf folder ( steamapps/email/halflife/esf)

that is what worked for me

Best answers
What binds? What do these binds look like?(whats file extension) wheres autoexec folder?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Canadian, stop posting over and over. People will get to your thread when they get to it. Double posting is not acceptable, neither is spam.

You get your autoexec.cfg file from your old half life/esf folder to copy over. If you don't have it at all, try the miscelanious section. Download Mr. Satan's Script and use that instead.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Canadian, stop posting over and over. People will get to your thread when they get to it. Double posting is not acceptable, neither is spam.

You get your autoexec.cfg file from your old half life/esf folder to copy over. If you don't have it at all, try the miscelanious section. Download Mr. Satan's Script and use that instead.
can you look for the download link cuz everytime i click on his tread about his script thing my internet explorer locks up so can you look in the tread and give me the download link please

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom