Esf to 1.6 skin

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
Hello, could somebody take the time and help me make the esf skin to fit in cs 1.6? The skin is too small and animations doesnt fit

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Not quite sure what you're really asking for? Do you want a ESF character model in CS?

ESF is not designed for CS so its not straightforward.

The character models in ESF are drastically shrunken compared to normal HL mdls, so the animated skeleton cant just be simply copied. I'd imagine you would have to manually rescale and rig the model with a CS skeleton.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
I have tried doing this. I resized it properly, the problem is that the model has no animations, I don't know how to port those animations..

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You would likely have to
- export the skeleton and sequences from a basic CS mdl.
- import the standard CS skeleton to the new project and then manually rig vertices to each joint.

Then compile with those animation sequences, test and finetune etc.

The alternative is creating all the animations CS requires for an existing skeleton assuming your project has its original ESF skeleton (lot of effort, and may have bone and attachment conflict issues)

(My knowledge on this is limited to Milkshape3D era)

Last edited:
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
Well when I try to compile the smd file after i rig vertices to joints, it says that some animations are not found,and when I delete them from qc file the model loses all animations..

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure all the CS animations are in the compile folder and listed in the QC file. They need to be listed in the QC file to be included. If in doubt, look at a normal CS mdls QC file for reference.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
Well now i have another problem. I joined vertexes with joints, then i copied all the sequencies and references from normal cs 1.6 model, and when I try to compile qc file milkshape crashes.. any ideas?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes MS3D crashes just by looking at it funny πŸ˜‚ More likely something wrong with the qc or something tho if youre not getting an error msg.

Double check the QC file and make sure everything makes sense.

ie the directories, bodygroup reference, hitboxes, bone names, and sequences.

May I ask which CS model you used for skeleton and animations? If I check it out maybe something might stand out to me.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Best answers
I used a simple guerrila terrorist skeleton, theyre all the same so that wont make difference. Could the problem be because i litterally ripped the sequencies from default model?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Easier to troubleshoot from the same thing.

The whole point was to use a default skeleton and animation sequences made for it. If youve rigged the skeleton to your new model well and compile it all then you should have a working animated model. Something has to be wrong with your qc or assets somewhere.

It could be a typo, wrong bone names, or missing bodygroup or submodel for example. Sorry I cant be sure exactly without seeing it more directly.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest its nearly 4am here and I need sleep. Keep at it, if you still need my help hit me up on the discord channel later and perhaps I can help.

dbz is better than naruto lol
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
if you end your project give us the download link, looks like a cool mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom