ESF Team lied?

Best answers
my parents r divorced... my mom has a cable modem and my dad has a 56k... now at my moms esf is fast easy and playable but at my dads every thing is slow... in the esf preview it states:

"Internet
One of the big problem with game these days is the lag it cause on the Internet. Well, ESF found a great way of reducing lag by putting graphics, music and other things on the client-side. that means you will be able to play on your old 56k with no problem and still have a good match of ESF."

thats definately not the case for 56kers in esf beta... not to criticize the game itself... i mean esf beta 1 is awesome they did good its just that ech i need to play it soooooooooooooo badly and with the slow 56k i cant feel the action and intensity... lol this is pointless and prolly gonna be deleted...

Best answers
You can turn down the graphics.. you can shut off the music.. whats your dieal.. its easy to do.. Esf team Lied ROFL funny funny

trun down the graphix in console by typing cl_fxquality 0 or 1 up to 3

0 is the worst and 3 is the best

to turn off the music just shut it off in the music adder

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, dont be starting **** saying that we lied. That was in a preview by spin, he is NOT on the ESF team.

Second, I dont think spin has dail up, so he was just assuming there.

Third, it really depends on the servers you are joining. If you are on dail up, accually any type of internet connection, it is recommended for you to join DEDICATED servers, not those ****ty adsl listen servers. The difference between a regular server and a dedicated server in ESF is incredible, the game is so much more playable on a dedicated.

Fourth( this is just my theory ), ESF isnt really that laggy. People are saying that it reacts slowly, its hard to play, characters are skippy, ect.
Think about it. What mod for half-life has action this fast demanding the type of speed and reaction time ESF does? Um.. None? In most mods, you just whip out your gun, aim slightly ahead of the guy, and you hit him. You only have to worry about the X and Y axis since the characters cant fly, or even teleport.
They are all also first person shooters going about 1/6th the speed of ESF. ESF has players probably going faster then half-life rockets. To add onto that, Half-life wasnt built for third person action. Go into any hl mod that supports third person, join a server, go in third person, and spin your mouse around really fast. What do you get? Same thing you see in ESF :)
I do agree that ESF can use some tweaks in the netcode department, like the weapon switching system, but the lag in the game isnt entirly our fault.

Best answers
ok first off trunks of course u think ima dumbass? thats the first thing i did... second pc joe i didnt say that esf lied do u not c the question mark? and trust me i am experienced with half-life and hl mods i always go on dedicated servers... and also i said that its fine with dsl and cable and suck its the 56k that its slow on... yes spin was wrong but also if u look to http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9362 in antoine's part of the q/a it says

"Q: Can I play the Beta decently with a 56k connection?
A: Yes."

and how im playng even with the graphics down sound off and on a dedicated server i still say it does not earn the rite to be called "decently"...

and third id like to apologize i didnt think this would start a whole quarrel... sorry guys...

-Magna

Best answers
your definition of decently and antoine's definition of decently are two different things. Antoine is prolly 1000 better player than u are(more experience, he helped make the mod, etc etc etc) so for him, lag probably doesnt affect gameplay.

Best answers
Not that it means much but I'm on 56k and on the very few occasions I was able to find a server I was not disadvantaged at all. In fact, I was on a server and owning two guys wtih a combo of melee and ki blasts so they kicked me.

Best answers
y ***** at the ESF team when theyre ones who brought u the game in the first place? i advise you to take out ur anger on funi! write angry letters, make an anti-funi club, protest in front of their buildings! WREAK HAVOC BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
you're comparing a cable connection to a 56k connection.

of course its gonna be slower on 56k. i only use 56k and the game is fine. think before you post stupid things like this.

Best answers
Ok all of you shutup. Did you not read PCJoes reply? Stop spamming up this thread alright? Now the problem with your ESF may be that your computer can't handle it not the connection to the internet. I have to admit esf has a rough time on my grandfathers computer and his is a ok computer that isan't tottaly set for gaming. So just remember it may not only be you net pipe, it can be your computer itself so don't go barking up the teams leg if you don't know what the hell you are doing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno y ure complaining about the lag with 56k!! It's fine in my opinion!! U r just used to playin on cable modem!! That happens to my friend all the time!! He plays his cable modem then comes to my house and plays on my 56k, and he'll complain as to how laggy and crappy it is!! U r just used a to a faster connection!! Give ureself some time to get used to it, and ull see y I said that u could play it "decently"!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom