Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The terrain looks really nice!
Need more pics to really give critz though.
Good luck on it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool map, i really like youre esf_falls to, but that map isnt correct when i shoot that hole in the waterfall, there is lava, and how can there be lava in a whaterfall? but then again, its just a game and the map still rocks!

Best answers
well here are some more screenies. Thanks a lot to SaDwinter for letting me reference his South City map, all credit should go to him for the design.

Things still to do:
- add terrain detail
- add mor detail to town
- the storm!

anyways...here are some updated pics:
- pic 1
- pic 2
- pic 3
- and why i need to put some more spawn points in:p pic 4

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey, thats lookin good. and where will the storm be? all over the map or in one section? hopefully the whole thing. i have on idea, maybe you should add a capusule corp dome somewhere in the city. you dont have to. i just thought it would a nice addition.

Best answers
hehe np, looks nice =), try adding some details like banners , maybe some cars, trees?:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it, can u make the road extent to the city please?

Best answers
thanx guys, i do need to add more detail to the buildings, i said that before, and i can put a road going in there. Majin, if you can find a screenshot of capsule corp that i could work off, then i'll put it in. The storm will cover the whole map, i already have the lightning set up, but i need advice with clouds: what would be the best way to create a thick decent looking cloud cover that wont raise r_speeds too much? ive already tried using heaps of sprites, but that looks like absolute crap:( any other suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make it sorta like snakeway v2 execpt longer and grey and more realistic.

Best answers
thats what ive tried. but it looks lame because its really repetitive and you can see it overlapping and it looks st00pid:( what im try at the moment is making a .mdl file of cloud cover, that might work better:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:shocked: w0w, thats real good man! especially that bord hanging over the road.
but about the storm, i think if you make some clouds as sprites, and make some distance between, you wont see the overlapping.
its just a suggestion, i have never made maps before so you shouldnt listen to me...

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the sign over the road but you should add some trees to that level, that will make it look better.

Scruffie

S
Okay, the buildings are nice, but try to vary the colours a bit, and not have all buildings Grey with red roofs.

Make the terraing a bit bigger too...

Best answers
i cant make the terrain any bigger :S... thats taking up as much of the space in worldcraft that i can use and still compile it...

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
wow!

That map looks great! Nice progress already, still awaiting storm effects if you can pull it off. But great work so far.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice! Looks like it'll be a hit.

Oh and bob, your sig is fr34kin' me out.

Best answers
man, that sig is meant to be funny:p...o_O ...well i find it funnyo_o

anyways, here is a sample of the storm fx. i still got a bit of work to do on it tho...i mean it works good.....but the storm is more of a casual lightning bolt here and there with sound effects...i want to make it more violent and threatening somehow...but anyway here is sum pics, tell me what you think.

- pic 1
- pic 2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it looks cool, when its ready, it is going to be on redsaiyan?

Best answers
i have one picture of capsule i took for something else but here i can take another one and send it to you over aim or something...

it's not great

oh and i think the map looks good i'm waiting for a good city map nice and big with dbz style buildings and so far yours is looking a little dbz ish, not exsactly but it has the futureistic sense to it...also i think the lighting bolts is a good idea and well it looks good...

Best answers
its looking nice man, good work, "they closed my thread for no reason ;("

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom