ESF Source

Best answers
Sooooo.... whats happening with ESF Sourse for the Half Life 2 Engine? I would recommend ESF Sourse being possible for the following reasons:
1. Graphics would look so sweet on the ESF characters
2. Physics! blow stuff up with a Kama
3. More players would play ESF Sourse because hardly anyone plays HL1

Those of you who disagree with ESF Sourse happening, then you need to go out and buy HL2, and feel wat its like to experience real graphics. I know its been said, "ESF will never go to the other engine" what are u afraid of? Why the hell not?? you'd get more people playing the game, you could benifit from ESF Sourse in so many ways. If it doesn't get done... then i'll make a mod, SOOOOOo similar to ESF that you guys will go broke.

The End

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
At first i wanted to say, who do you think you are? Nothing happened to the ESF Source since it never existed in the first place. Everyone knows that the Source Engine is much better in graphics, and so much other things. But the ESF team took so much time and hard work to create a Mod for Half-Life 1, and they are going to finish it on the Half-Life 1 engine as well. If you can think you can create a better DragonballZ modification for the source engine, i'd say. Go ahead.

I doubt you know any Coding, especially for the Source Engine. And then you have to get a team, for sprites, models, mapping, animation, coding and so much more. And why do you think the ESF team will go broke? This MOD is Free for crying out loud. Like all other mods are, its fun for everyone to play. Or if you mean "broke" as in that not many players will play ESF, then it might happen, in 5 years? Or even longer?, Because i highly doubt that will become any time soon.

Besides that point, not everyone has Half-Life 2, or can play Half-Life 2 or its source games. ESF will not go source, its a fact. And if you dislike that, why don't you go and create your own mod as you said? I seriously doubt you can do it better then the ESF team. Its your loss, not ours.

Best answers
I think ESF had alot of Potential on the new engine... it could be a massive hit! Just because it was made on the HL1 engine, i see no problem in making it a mod for Source.

"But the ESF team took so much time and hard work to create a Mod for Half-Life 1"

so? they can do it again... the new engine provides them with loads of possiblities, and easier modding.
I'm just saying its sad that you limit your possiblities... and dont expand on them. Fine... it can stay in HL1, but its a shame that a perfect game, a great story, a fine Movie/TV show... had to go to waste and fall behind in history because of some team players not fit enough to create a bigger better one.

Sorry to the makers of Dragonball Z...
Sorry to the players who wanted this to become reality...

i hope u realise, HL1 wont be around forever... can't you already see it happening?

no doubt... this thread will either be deleted or locked like all the other requests for ESF Source. Why not leave it and find out what other people think bout the subject?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Look, before they even would make it for the Source engine, they have to look at the Source code of Half-Life 2 first and even learn the new codes. Since the code is hella allot different then the HL1 Code. As already said, they made allot of effort in creating this Mod so far on the Half-Life 1 engine, i doubt there for they simple won't move to Source. And do you even realise how LONG it will take for their mod go to the Source engine? It would take even more extra YEARS. I highly doubt people would want to wait for this great mod for that.

i hope u realise, HL1 wont be around forever... can't you already see it happening?
Hence Counter-Strike v1.6, thousands of players, what is your point?

Best answers
Of course Counter Strike has more players on the HL1 Engine, because it was more enjoyable than the source one. At least they were commited and gave Counter Strike - Source a chance, and there outcome was.... they now have players playing on both engines. What more would a great company want, in satisfying both sides of the gaming industry! i'm not saying deleting the old ESF and creating a new one. i'm saying, why not have 2 ESF games for both engines...? therefore making gaming possiblites, and players increase in population

Best answers
i am sorry to say this but ESF will live and die on HL1 deal with it (no Flame intended). 2 versiosn of esf will never happen since the team don't have unlimited time to work on esf as it is, since it's a hobby. if you think converting a mod from HL 1 to HL2 then ask the NS team why NS source is not out yet.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dribble said:
Of course Counter Strike has more players on the HL1 Engine, because it was more enjoyable than the source one. At least they were commited and gave Counter Strike - Source a chance, and there outcome was.... they now have players playing on both engines. What more would a great company want, in satisfying both sides of the gaming industry! i'm not saying deleting the old ESF and creating a new one. i'm saying, why not have 2 ESF games for both engines...? therefore making gaming possiblites, and players increase in population
I have a question for you.

How mutch time do you have.

Calculate the time you spend on normal life. And than add the hours youd need to do this stuff. Youll see that it takes up allmoast all the time. So where is the free time?

As sky said if you think you can do it better than be my guest. All i know is that it takes a long time to do 1 thing like a good map (mine are still not to good:p). But thats only 1 thing. Now imagine youd have to do 1 map twice just cause some hotshot thought it would be a good idea to have the same thing on 2 difrent source engines.

Oh jea and i played HL2. And i dont see anything special about it exept for the physics.

Best answers
ok so how about all the other players that want ESF Source? as far as i'm concerned all i'm hearing from you guys is...

oh boo hoo, takes up to much time...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sticky: "Before you post..." said:
Stuff that won't ever be in the next releases
This stuff won't be in the next releases, so don't bother posting about it.

Singleplayer mode
This won't be in because it's too much work.

New Characters
There might be new player models, but we're perfectly able to pick those ourselves. So your 'add this guy/gal/thing because he/she/it is so cool!!!' thread will probably be ignored by us. If you have to suggest an actualy new character idea, then at least give us original (non-projectile/controlled beam) attacks, and one transformation/transformation alternative (powering up is not an option) for him/her/it/pie...

Just dont keep your hopes up...

Terrain damage
There won't be any form of massive terrain damage in ESF. The halflife engine won't allow maps with much breakables without making your framerate drop drasticly.

Power Level Saving
ESF was not designed for such a thing and it isnt ment to have such a feature. Suggesting this is a waste of time and energy because it isnt gonna happen.

A New Engine
ESF is a half life mod plain and simple. The team will not be throwing away all models and maps and coding just to change to some new engine that allows for more features.
The team don't want to move, looks like you'll have to change mods. There are already a few HL2/Source DBZ mods (whom i'm not going to link to for advertising reasons).

Best answers
There is one massive problem for source.
You would have to have a massive computer to run all of the exploding/teleporting/swooping/sounds on source. It would be INSANE.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Kenny, sounds wouldn't be a problem. But the other things will, such as in ESF right now. When you fly, you'll lag way more then playing other mods for HL when you're walking on the ground..

in the Source version, i bet the lag will dramatic increase because you're flying, firing energy waves. Teleportion as said above, and even the explosions. Yup, you need a better pc to run a dragonmodz modification.

Besides that point, it has been said already it won't happen. Deal with it ;)

Best answers
Dribble said:
ok so how about all the other players that want ESF Source? as far as i'm concerned all i'm hearing from you guys is...

oh boo hoo, takes up to much time...
no we told them the same thing as we told you that there will never be a source version of this Mod. i just noticed that you made another thread about wanting esf to go to scource (locked) what made you think they would change thier minds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dribble said:
If it doesn't get done... then i'll make a mod, SOOOOOo similar to ESF that you guys will go broke.

The End
Do it. I dare you. No, I tripple doggy dare you!

"The End" is right.
- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom