ESF server for some friends

Best answers
Please help me - I'm an idiot and I'm new and me and my friends love ESF, but we can't join in servers and we can only make LAN games but we can't join in eachohter's games (we don't eaven see them).Please someone tell me what to do so we can play in internet servers (the 2 ones from www.esf-world.com) and how to make ourown just for us.I'm not verry brihgt but I've searched, and searched but I couldn't find something that could help me.P.S.We don't have steam and we eaven don't kow what this is and where can we find it for free.P.P.S.We are from Bulgaria - is this the problem that we can't connect to the servers?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And just so you know, the old WON network was shut down ages ago. Valve now uses Steam to network it's multiplayer.

In other words, Steam is an absolute requirement if you intend to play online.

Best answers
Thanks!I can play online now :) but my friend doesn't have a cd key :| Is there a chance that he can play online with me too or does he need an original hl1,cs copy?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your friend must also register a CD key with Steam, the exact same way you did it. But don't give him your CD key, because you already used it to register your own account.

In short, yes he must have an original HL1/CS copy.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Actually, the COPY is not needed. As long you have a valid cd-key, you are able to validate your cd-key in steam to be able to download HL / CS, etc from the steam menu. Mostly you can get one of course by buying the game in the shop or online, but if you have one at hand and you think its valid, you can always try that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom